Author Topic: Avast Cleanup has destroy Itunes  (Read 1719 times)

Offline infoPCW

Avast Cleanup has destroy Itunes
« on: June 10, 2020, 05:19:21 AM »
 >:( This is super annoying and I wish someone from Avast could help,
Avas Cleanup asked me to update my Itunes software so I did thru the app and in just rendered it unusable, I have uninstalled it and install it again, check the web and nothing. Now every time that I try to install Itunes a window will come out that says "There is a problem with Windows package installer, bla bla bla."

Can someone from Avast respond, please?
Thank you,
P.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 05:24:24 AM by infoPCW »

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Avast Cleanup has destroy Itunes
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 08:49:14 AM »
>:( This is super annoying and I wish someone from Avast could help,
Avas Cleanup asked me to update my Itunes software so I did thru the app and in just rendered it unusable, I have uninstalled it and install it again, check the web and nothing. Now every time that I try to install Itunes a window will come out that says "There is a problem with Windows package installer, bla bla bla."

Can someone from Avast respond, please?
Thank you,
P.

Hi,

We really apologize for your inconveniences.
This is definitely not the intended behavior and it seems that the update to the latest version somehow broke this functionality.
We are already working on fix which will be delivered ASAP, in the meantime there is a way how to fix it on your own using a Windows Registry Editor.

If you check my post here: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=233129.msg1541192#msg1541192 you should have a better idea how to fix it.
Once you delete all the debugger registries you have to also go to the Cleanup UI, navigate to the Background & startup programs and manually wake all the affected programs to make sure that their services, background processes and scheduled tasks are properly started again.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 01:41:51 PM by Stellarman »

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Avast Cleanup has destroy Itunes
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 11:46:18 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am sorry that it took so long but the fixed version is finally here!

If you don't want to wait for the automatic update, please download the installation package here: https://honzik.avcdn.net/setup/avast-tu/release/avast_cleanup_online_setup.exe and reinstall the product manually to get the latest available version including the fix.

We've tested all the affected scenarios and everything shall get back to the original state after the update/reinstall to the latest version.

We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences.
Please let us know how it works for you.

Best regards,
Avast team.