Author Topic: Just Installed Avast Premium Cleanup and Firefox and Chrome barely load  (Read 1696 times)

Offline KAL1

As stated aster I installed Avast Premium Cleanup today I ran into the issue many of you did that the shortcut would not work. I ran the repair program and it works now. HOWEVER my browsers take forever to load and it doesn't matter if it is Chrome or Firefox.

What is going on and what can I do?

Offline KAL1

In fact it slows most processes down.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Whilst I don't use the Avast Premium Cleanup product.
What Antivirus are you using as Avast Premium Cleanup, shouldn't really impact speed.

You say it slows most processes down, how are you seeing this and how are you measuring it ?
If using the Task Manager are there any process using a lot of RAM/CPU ?

Did you run an initial scan and what were the results ?
If so what action if any did you take on the results ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
As stated aster I installed Avast Premium Cleanup today I ran into the issue many of you did that the shortcut would not work. I ran the repair program and it works now. HOWEVER my browsers take forever to load and it doesn't matter if it is Chrome or Firefox.

What is going on and what can I do?

Hi,

this is definitely not the intended behavior of our product and seems like an unfortunate coincidence we would like to take a look at.

Could you please provide us with logs from your machine so we can take a closer look of what is happening there?
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe and once the logs are collected they will be automatically send to our server.
Once it is done, please let me know which email address you have used there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.