Author Topic: Programs disabled  (Read 4022 times)

Offline kitten1985

Programs disabled
« on: April 18, 2020, 02:46:29 AM »
Has anyone else had Microsoft Office or Adobe Reader disabled after using Cleanup? I chose not to renew as I felt it wasn't helping speed anything on my computer. Now I cannot access any of the programs which must've been put to sleep.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Programs disabled
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 11:55:46 AM »
Has anyone else had Microsoft Office or Adobe Reader disabled after using Cleanup? I chose not to renew as I felt it wasn't helping speed anything on my computer. Now I cannot access any of the programs which must've been put to sleep.

Hi,

Please see if the services are running for the applications in question. https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/84/
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=231131.msg1538657#msg1538657
If you are still experiencing issues with CleanUP, please follow the instructions as mentioned here: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=231131.msg1531676#msg1531676

Offline kitten1985

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 07:01:14 PM »
I am going to try the second option as Cleanup no longer shows up since I did not renew. I'll let you know if it works.

Offline mikehayes51

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 03:49:40 PM »
I had a very similar problem with Office 2016 failing to open after a restart. I eventually tracked it down to Microsoft office click-to-run service being disabled. After turning off the sleep command for office and microsoft visual c++ in Cleanup the problem seems to have disappeared.
The direct solution was

Win + R to open run dialog
Enter "services.msc" and run
Find "Microsoft Office ClickToRun Service"
Right click it, select properties, set to start Automatic.
Click Apply and OK
Right click again and select Start

It seems that Cleanup was disabling Click to run each time I closed down.

Avast should really sort out this problem.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 06:33:51 PM »
I had a very similar problem with Office 2016 failing to open after a restart. I eventually tracked it down to Microsoft office click-to-run service being disabled. After turning off the sleep command for office and microsoft visual c++ in Cleanup the problem seems to have disappeared.
The direct solution was

Win + R to open run dialog
Enter "services.msc" and run
Find "Microsoft Office ClickToRun Service"
Right click it, select properties, set to start Automatic.
Click Apply and OK
Right click again and select Start

It seems that Cleanup was disabling Click to run each time I closed down.

Avast should really sort out this problem.

Hi,

In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on your computer.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.

Offline kontorer

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 09:21:38 PM »
I TRY TO USE THIS . WHERE to send the textfile with the problems?
hana

Offline Reuven Kleinman

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 10:00:03 PM »

I have the exact same problem and wasted half a day trying to fight it. Reinstalled both Acrobat and Office, to no avail.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 11:44:36 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am sorry that it took so long but the fixed version is finally here!

If you don't want to wait for the automatic update, please download the installation package here: https://honzik.avcdn.net/setup/avast-tu/release/avast_cleanup_online_setup.exe and reinstall the product manually to get the latest available version including the fix.

We've tested all the affected scenarios and everything shall get back to the original state after the update/reinstall to the latest version.

We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences.
Please let us know how it works for you.

Best regards,
Avast team.