Author Topic: Problem with "Background & startup programs" feature  (Read 9445 times)

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Problem with "Background & startup programs" feature
« on: June 10, 2020, 11:46:53 PM »
Hello everyone,

We released a 20.1 update yesterday (June 9) with a lot of new stuff and fixed, unfortunately it also included a bug which caused that the program which were previously put to sleep (Background & startup programs) were not functional after the update.

We've discovered the issue this morning and have been working on a fix for the whole day today to get it done asap.

I am sorry that it took so long but the fixed version is finally here!

If you don't want to wait for the automatic update, please download the installation package here: https://honzik.avcdn.net/setup/avast-tu/release/avast_cleanup_online_setup.exe respectively https://honzik.avcdn.net/setup/avg-tu/release/avg_tuneup_online_setup.exe for AVG TuneUp and reinstall the product manually to get the latest available version including the fix.

We've tested all the affected scenarios and everything shall get back to the original state after the update/reinstall to the latest version.

We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences.
Please let us know how it works for you.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 12:01:42 AM by Stellarman »

Offline deuts118

Re: Problem with "Background & startup programs" feature
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 10:52:21 PM »
Reinstall iTunes and lose all my saved podcasts?  I don't think so.  Has this problem been fixed.  And please provide instruction on where the list of programs set to sleep are located. 

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Problem with "Background & startup programs" feature
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 09:54:17 AM »
Reinstall iTunes and lose all my saved podcasts?  I don't think so.  Has this problem been fixed.  And please provide instruction on where the list of programs set to sleep are located.

Hi,

This problem was fixed already last year and since then we have not got any new reports in this manner.
List of programs which you could (as a user, since nothing is done automatically in this feature) set to sleep is in the "Background & startup programs" feature which could be found in the "Speed up" section of the product.
It looks like on the attached screenshot.

Please let me know if you would be interested in more details.