Author Topic: Anti-Track Not Loading - Just Purchased  (Read 7012 times)

Offline inelunit

Anti-Track Not Loading - Just Purchased
« on: June 11, 2020, 07:50:52 AM »
It is not loading.  I click the green "dialogue box" open "Antitrack" and nothing happens.  Rebooted, cleared cache all the normal non-tech stuff.

Offline inelunit

Re: Anti-Track Not Loading - Just Purchased
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 02:48:30 AM »
I rebooted....  Did more of the normal stuff.  Still not working

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 04:22:07 AM »
Hi inelunit,

Welcome.

What account was Anti-Track installed in?  Are you using the same account you installed it in to run it or did you install it using an administrative account? 

Any other anti-tracking software installed on your system?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline inelunit

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 09:17:52 AM »
Hi!  Only 1 admin account I've ever logged into!  It is a home PC Win 10.

The photo attached is what I see.  When I click that box nothing happens (my main dashboard)

That green dialogue box (is that what it is called?) works for all other avast services which give me a similar option.

I am not very computer savvy but I am good as clicking a mouse over boxes :)

Any thoughts?   

** I am 99.9% sure I loaded avast and clicked "purchase software".  I would have purchased this no other way but through that avast dashboard.  It is under
"trial still"  when I goto https://subscriptions.avast.com/  I do not see it, which means .1% chance I messed up?  When I look at my dialoguebox/dashboard it no longer gives me the purchase option.  Before it used to give me the option to buy it, I bought it and like the other things that option went away (well, I began trial)

I am not sure how to uninstall/reinstall it or I would have.  Anything I should do/show you for more help? 

All other avast product is working great!

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 04:42:55 AM »
At a loss as to why this does not work for you.

As to why many possible reasons but the below is a work-around to see if the installation is good or corrupted.

To create your own desktop shortcut right-click the desktop and follow directions in the second attached picture below.

Create a new shortcut using the file path as follows:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\AvastAntiTrackPremium\AvastAntiTrackPremium.exe" (Target)

Do not copy the word Target, and be sure the " " quotes are in place once path is pasted.

You should copy/paste in the blank shortcut paths you created in as shown.

Double-click your new shortcut and you should either get an administrative prompt or else the program will open.  You can choose Rename and name your new shortcut any name you like.

If it does not open then either Anti-Track was installed into a different directory other than C:\Program Files (x86) or the installation is likely corrupt.

On my system it sometimes takes quite a bit of time for the program window to open.  If it does open check to see if it is a trial basis or paid for and check to make sure the options you want are set the way you want. 

Default settings are sufficient, don't change if you are at all unsure.

Report back if this worked for you. 

You are right, clicking the green box (it is an embedded shortcut in the program) should open the program.

[EDIT:]  This post was edited because the shortcut creation process was different than first describled.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 05:02:29 AM by mchain »
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline inelunit

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2020, 11:41:53 PM »
Ty, I will try all that...  Seems like something in there will fix it or get me on the right track!  Thank you.