Author Topic: Avast Cleanup Installation Problems  (Read 1797 times)

Offline dglass4321

Avast Cleanup Installation Problems
« on: June 12, 2020, 09:26:46 PM »
I bought this software in hopes of speeding up an HP laptop that had become very sluggish.  I had no problems downloading or installing the software.  Running the various processes that were supposed to speed up the machine were easy to do.  At the end of the optimization, I powered down the machine.  The next time I had occasion to use it, it went through the boot process but when it came to log in screen, it was flashing on and off and I could not log in.  I booted in safe mode and contacted customer support via the chat function.  She walked me through the rescue process but could offer no explanation as to what was causing the problem.

I created a restore point before reattempting optimization.  I followed each step and rebooted after each step trying to isolate where the bug was.  The machine successfully booted after each process. I figured there was just a glitch that didn’t happen on the second optimization. 

This morning I booted the computer and the log in screen was back to flashing on and off.  Once again booted in safe mode and undid and the changes.  When I rebooted, the log in screen was still flashing on and off.  There are no other processes I can undo.  I’m in the process of doing a system restore.

Does anone have some input to share as to what may be the problem?  Obviously I'm not going to attempt another optimization until I understand what is going on! 

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer.

Offline Pavel L.

• Avast team
Re: Avast Cleanup Installation Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 05:37:52 PM »
Hi, please, could you send us the logs collected by our utility located in c:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe ? Please, fill in the correct email address and let us know after uploading the logs.
Thank you.