Author Topic: Your connection is not private  (Read 3928 times)

Offline jhigh03

Your connection is not private
« on: June 13, 2020, 12:56:38 AM »
Just recently my Macbook Pro, which has Avast Security version 14.4 enabled, has begun receiving "Your connection is not private" error messages for websites that I have visited previously without the error message ever occurring. The "Your connection is not private" error message is occurring in Chrome, Firefox and Safari for the websites. I have another Macbook Pro in my house which also has Avast Security version 14.4 enabled (it appears with all the same settings activated) on the same secure network. The other Macbook Pro is able to visit the same websites with no error message appearing on all browsers. The websites are secure websites.

I opened Avast Security>menu>preferences>core shields>web shields

I then unselected "Scan Secure Connections" option

By unselecting the option it allows me to visit the website.

My questions are:

1. Why are websites that I was previously able to access now receiving this error? They appear to secure websites that should not cause this error to occur. If they are not then the error should be appearing on my other macbook. Nothing has changed with the hardware, software or programs on the computer, so i don't know why the error would suddenly start appearing on websites.

2. This appears to be Avast triggering the error to happen. Is there something I should be doing differently or a setting I need to adjust?

I am just struggling to understand why websites I visit did not previously receive the error and now they are, especially when there is another macbook with the same setup and no errors are appearing.

Any suggestions or solutions would be much appreciated.

thanks,
Scott

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
Re: Your connection is not private
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 01:29:44 PM »
Hello,
please could you send us support package (https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Submit-Mac-Security-support-file), ideally mention this thread in its description and post here when you do so? I will try to check what could be wrong. Also please post list of web page names that are problematic.
Kind regards,
Ondrej Kolacek