Author Topic: Avast's firewall and no connection with internet  (Read 1513 times)

Offline tarcisia.gomes

Avast's firewall and no connection with internet
« on: June 13, 2020, 03:16:14 AM »
Hi.
Yesterday, after an update to the Avast Premier app,  simply no longer be able to access the Internet via Chrome, Firefox, or IE.

So, when  the firewall is disabled, it works again, so I deduce  that there's a problem with the Firewall :'(

Is anyone going through this, or who has already? How can I solve it, please?
Many thanks!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast's firewall and no connection with internet
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 05:46:08 AM »
- Which version/build of Avast Premium..?
- OS..? (32/64 Bit..? - which SP/Build..?)
- Other security related software installed..?
- Which AV(s) did you use before Avast..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline k_bahrami

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 11:13:15 AM »
Same problem. I just did the update and my once stable PC is now no longer connecting. I don't even appear to have an IP address. I really need a fix!

- Which version/build of Avast Premium: 20.4.2410 (build 20.4.5312.577)
- OS..? (32/64 Bit..? - which SP/Build..?): Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bi)
- Other security related software installed: None
- Which AV(s) did you use before Avast: This is an irrelevant question since I have been with for years now.

Offline k_bahrami

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 12:06:48 PM »
Just got off the phone with Avast Tech Support. It might be an isolated anomaly or a transient anomaly. We recovered full functionality by uninstalling the application and reinstalling it.  The reinstall included the same virus definitions that I had updated earlier tonight before the problems occurred. I do not think it is an issue with the file; maybe it was a cosmic ray (just kidding).

Firewall is On and the system is running as before. I recommend you try that or call the team to help you: 1-844-340-9251

Good luck!

Offline tarcisia.gomes

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 05:31:27 PM »

Avast Premium  20.42410 - build 20.45312.577
Windows 7 64bit
No.
McAfee and Eset, but my laptop has reseted to factory settings once.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 05:40:03 PM by tarcisia.gomes »

Offline tarcisia.gomes

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2020, 05:49:47 PM »
Just got off the phone with Avast Tech Support. It might be an isolated anomaly or a transient anomaly. We recovered full functionality by uninstalling the application and reinstalling it.  The reinstall included the same virus definitions that I had updated earlier tonight before the problems occurred. I do not think it is an issue with the file; maybe it was a cosmic ray (just kidding).

Firewall is On and the system is running as before. I recommend you try that or call the team to help you: 1-844-340-9251

Good luck!

Thank you for this advice. Unfortenelly I can't call, 'cause I live in Brazil, so it's quite impossible to call to the support.
Besides this, i'll try to uninstalling application and reinstalling it.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2020, 06:51:00 AM »
1. Download Avast Premium Security: https://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avast_premium_security_setup_offline.exe
2. Follow instructions: https://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility (Run this tool for all prior installed Avast versions..!!)
3. Reinstall Avast with the downloaded installer from point 1.
4. Reboot.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0