Author Topic: Avast cleanup have destroyed my debug register  (Read 18772 times)

Offline brjoch12

Re: Avast cleanup have destroyed my debug register
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2020, 12:28:36 AM »
Oh, good. It's not just me. To even find this as being the problem was a headache. I've downloaded the update that was just posted here and I hope HOPE this fixes it. If I have to go through every program registry just to delete a debug script my ANTIVIRUS software put in there; you better believe I won't just be uninstalling this software but also ensuring no one I know does either. Absolutely ridiculous. And aggravating.

Offline darvy

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2020, 06:16:48 AM »
Hello,

I download from the link "https://honzik.avcdn.net/setup/avast-tu/release/avast_cleanup_online_setup.exe" and install it, it also reinstall the cleaner and it didn't work.

do i have to uninstall all my avast and run the installer from the link?

thanks.

Offline Pavel L.

• Avast team
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2020, 10:07:55 AM »
Hello,

I download from the link "https://honzik.avcdn.net/setup/avast-tu/release/avast_cleanup_online_setup.exe" and install it, it also reinstall the cleaner and it didn't work.

do i have to uninstall all my avast and run the installer from the link?

thanks.
Hello,

I've just sent you an email. It is not needed to uninstall the program, just to reinstall Avast Cleanup as you did. If you are still not able to use all programs, please, try to "wake" the programs manually from Avast Cleanup->Speed up->Background & startup programs.

Thank you!
Best regards,
Pavel
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 06:03:40 PM by Pavel L. »

Offline andrew682

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2020, 05:23:18 PM »
How do I get a refund for my paid licenses? You literally ruined two computers I had while I had filing deadlines on an important case (I'm a lawyer). Additionally, in an attempt to resolve the issue, I wiped my entire steam installation for over 100 games, which I now have to manually reinstall. Thank God my brother found this forum. This is a serious issue and I expect more than the response here. Before finding this manual resolution you bricked two machines. Will never NEVER use AVAST again.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2020, 05:32:56 PM »
How do I get a refund for my paid licenses? You literally ruined two computers I had while I had filing deadlines on an important case (I'm a lawyer). Additionally, in an attempt to resolve the issue, I wiped my entire steam installation for over 100 games, which I now have to manually reinstall. Thank God my brother found this forum. This is a serious issue and I expect more than the response here. Before finding this manual resolution you bricked two machines. Will never NEVER use AVAST again.

Hi,

we really really apologize for this terrible mistake, unfortunately we cannot undone the damage we made and we are truly sorry for that.

If you would like to get a refund, please fill in this form https://support.avast.com/en-us/contact/sales_refund and someone from customer support will contact you.

Thank you.

Offline Serna

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2020, 10:20:10 AM »
THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME and I lost a whole day of work trying to fix it, then restoring windows and having to install everything back. I expect my money back.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2020, 04:42:11 PM »
THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME and I lost a whole day of work trying to fix it, then restoring windows and having to install everything back. I expect my money back.

Hello,

we are really sorry for the inconveniences and damages we've made by the bug.

In case you would like to get a refund please use this form: https://support.avast.com/en-us/contact/sales_refund.

Thank you.