Author Topic: Android browser hijack  (Read 2035 times)

Offline pulauten

Android browser hijack
« on: June 07, 2020, 11:03:21 AM »
I have a problem with Android browser hijack. It is reproducible on my Android phone in both Samsung and Chrome browsers. When browsing webs with ads like blesk.cz or e15.cz (possibly other similar webs as well) after clicking on some articles and staying on the page for a while the browser gets suddenly redirected to addresses on domains visitoryoung.xyz or visitoryoutube.xyz. The page displays some czech language O2 questionair. When opening the URL on my computer Avast stops the page and reports HTML:FakeComments-C [Phish] and JS:Scam-J [Phish]. On Android even with installed Avast security Avast does not prevent the page from loading and hijacking the browser.

How is that possible? I have even enabled Android web protection in Avast but still it does not prevent the scam page to load.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Android browser hijack
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 06:27:58 PM »
Hi, is your device by any chance Samsung Galaxy S5, or Samsung Galaxy S5 mini with TV remote control? If it is, please uninstall updates of the "Peel Remote" app and disable all future updates, it should help.