Author Topic: BSODs Since Avast upgrade  (Read 2010 times)

Offline jeffham222

BSODs Since Avast upgrade
« on: June 14, 2020, 07:06:53 PM »
I haven't had this many random BSODs in years. "Upgraded" to the Avast Cleanup and it has been causing ALL kinds of issues--BSODs, computer slowing down... I have 16GBs of RAM and experienced NONE of these issues before I upgraded the other day. Yes I've upgraded to the new "new" version, but it took 5 hours on the computer with Microsoft sorting out my Office issues (cause all that stuff got jacked up too--it was the first indication of something wrong TBH).

I'm not the guy who goes around asking for free stuff, but this issue is really screwing things up. I hope ya all get this straight.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: BSODs Since Avast upgrade
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 04:44:23 PM »
I haven't had this many random BSODs in years. "Upgraded" to the Avast Cleanup and it has been causing ALL kinds of issues--BSODs, computer slowing down... I have 16GBs of RAM and experienced NONE of these issues before I upgraded the other day. Yes I've upgraded to the new "new" version, but it took 5 hours on the computer with Microsoft sorting out my Office issues (cause all that stuff got jacked up too--it was the first indication of something wrong TBH).

I'm not the guy who goes around asking for free stuff, but this issue is really screwing things up. I hope ya all get this straight.

Hello,

we apologize for the inconveniences while using our product.

This is a very rare case and we probably haven't encountered such issue before.
In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe and once the logs are collected they will be automatically send to our server.
Once it is done, please let me know which email address you have used there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.