Author Topic: Query  (Read 2223 times)

JediknightMach

Query
« on: September 12, 2006, 06:13:11 AM »
After I am online a couple of hours, I get kicked off, does Avast 4 do this to protect my system? Or is it because of my slow connection speed, dial-up? Until I can get wireless, dial-up is all that I can get.  ??? ???

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
Re: Query
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 06:39:38 AM »
avast is, as we say in the US, an equal opportunity service. It does not make any distinction between cable, DSL, satellite or dial-up connection users and it does not terminate your connection, kick you off, whatever at any time for any reason.

The folks I support cover cable, DSL and dial-up, I have none on satellite, all of them on avast and none of them have reported being disconnected by avast.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 06:42:04 AM by alanrf »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 02:41:48 PM »
I'm a dial-up user and no problems what so ever with avast and my connection. My only connection issue relating to duration is if I get bounced off by the ISP.

Previously I have a cheap 24/7 dial-up package that gave theoretical 24/7 connection you were dumped every hour to try an reconnect. There was also a weekly limit to avoid what they called abuse. When that became a pain in the rear, I upgraded to another 24/7 package that had a 4 hour disconnect and reconnect policy and a greater weekly limit.

So you might want to check your ISP Terms & Conditions relating to your dial-up plan and fair-use policy, etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Spiritsongs

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 06:33:15 PM »
 :)  Hi :

Saw something similar on another forum & the solution :

" opened my computer and saw that the fan plug wasnt completely pluged in. I pluged it properly in and now my computer is runing on full speed.BuT HOW the fan plug got out is a mysterious question.... "

With a follow-up of :

"You see the prongs will heat up, and then cool down very fast. this will slowly move the jumper up and over time it will eventullty force the jumper off it. "