Author Topic: Bug: Avast Cleanup Premium "past year" popup  (Read 2892 times)

Offline graham111

Bug: Avast Cleanup Premium "past year" popup
« on: June 21, 2020, 08:12:49 PM »
Starting a couple weeks ago, this popup began appearing on my computer every few hours, every day, and has not stopped since. No matter if I close it with the button in the corner or click "CONTINUE TO CLEANUP", the window is resurrected once more later the same day. If I wait too long to close the window, another one opens up immediately. It seems that nothing that I can do, short of uninstalling Avast Cleanup Premium, can free me from these constant reminders of what it did to my computer over the last year. I don't know what it wants from me. Does it feel unappreciated? Am I not contributing enough in this relationship? I'm already giving it $60 every year, and I thought that was enough. Now it just seems passive-aggressive to haunt me like I just stole a tiki idol from its island.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 08:44:52 PM by graham111 »

Offline Ray147

Re: Bug: Avast Cleanup Premium "past year" popup
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 11:07:35 AM »
graham111
 I have the same problem here as well  I am suprised that more people on the forum have not commentated  on this very annoying bug !!  Interesting they might be when you first look at the pop up but when it has appeared for the 5th time    especially  when i am in the middle of work, it becomes a b nuicence I do not mind having a tab to view the stats if I want to, but not the pop up constant reminding me of stats that i have seen already

Offline JJKPHD

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 11:50:52 AM »
There are at least three of us with the problem!!!  My pop up started appearing every morning a few weeks ago, as well. When I close it, a second one immediately pops up. After I close the second instance, I don't see it again until the next morning. It's annoying, but not creating any productivity issues ... yet!

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 05:31:31 PM »
Hello everyone,

this seems like a serious issue in our messaging system and we will investigate it immediately to make sure that it is getting fixed ASAP.

Thank you for reporting it.
I will keep you posted about the progress.

Regards.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 02:36:38 PM »
Hello everyone,

we've found out the root cause of this issue and we are already working on a fix.
If everything will go according to plan we will release it tomorrow and since then you should not see the message again.

Thank you.

Offline FITE

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 02:20:03 PM »
Pour moi, c'est la même chose ! Ce pop up agaçant survient plusieurs fois par jour, et je n'arrive pas à le désactiver....

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 03:37:06 PM »
Hello everyone,

we have released a fix on the server side just a few hours ago.

It might take a while until the fix is applied on your machine but in the upcoming days you should get it and then it shall stop this message to keep popping up.

Please let me know whether it works for you or not.

Thank you.