Author Topic: New Avast Cleanup Eating Disk Space  (Read 1378 times)

Offline ltldude

New Avast Cleanup Eating Disk Space
« on: June 24, 2020, 10:06:11 PM »
I had 330 GB  left on C until the new version came out - then it dropped to 300 GB.   Each day it loses another 2 GB, I am now down to 296 GB free.  Previously I ran a system scan using cleanup  and found Windows restore Points - which i deleted. Now Cleanup doesn't report restore points. . My C drive is on a A  SSD 960 EVO NVMe M.2 1TB.    How do I find the "improvements that were included in the latest release of  Cleanup?

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: New Avast Cleanup Eating Disk Space
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 05:22:43 PM »
I had 330 GB  left on C until the new version came out - then it dropped to 300 GB.   Each day it loses another 2 GB, I am now down to 296 GB free.  Previously I ran a system scan using cleanup  and found Windows restore Points - which i deleted. Now Cleanup doesn't report restore points. . My C drive is on a A  SSD 960 EVO NVMe M.2 1TB.    How do I find the "improvements that were included in the latest release of  Cleanup?

Hi,

you can check the version of your Cleanup in Menu - About.

However this seems like there might be a bug causing this, in such case we would need logs from your machine in order to be able to analyze the problem a bit closer.

You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe and once the logs are collected they will be automatically send to our server.
Once it is done, please let me know which email address you have used there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.