Author Topic: Avast keep waking up HDD  (Read 1561 times)

Offline xxgmxx

Avast keep waking up HDD
« on: April 22, 2020, 02:17:25 AM »
Hi, I just decided to try avast so I purchased avast premium and I am just looking at how to solve problems it does to me :/.
Now I am having a problem with avast keep waking up my non-system HDDs and sometimes preventing them from sleep. When I uninstall avast everything works as it supposed to.
When I checked Process Monitor I see that avast is accessing something on the drive, even thou I just formatted the drive and changed its name and letter to prevent everything be accessed and it's still the same.
Can anyone help me, please?
https://ctrlv.cz/bLT6

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Avast keep waking up HDD
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 12:42:15 PM »
Can you share the process monitor log (e.g. upload it to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming)?

Offline xxgmxx

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 11:56:58 PM »
Ok, I have done that, the name of the zip. file with the log is "xxgmxx avast forum topic=233604.0"

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 03:09:12 PM »
Thanks, got it.
We'll try to avoid that disk access (but it's definitely too late for the changes to be included in the upcoming v20.3).

Offline xxgmxx

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 07:36:14 PM »
Hi, I have v 20.4.2410 now (Avast premium security) but no changes. It is also noticeable in my notebook, when it draws addition power to keep the secondary disk spinning for no reason. So it cuts off lots of battery use time..   :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2020, 09:55:16 AM »
Sorry to hear that... though I can see some changes in 20.4 related to the Process Monitor log you submitted previously... so I thought it wouldn't happen anymore.
Would you mind collecting&uploading another Process Monitor log?
Thanks!