Author Topic: rpcnetp.exe IDP.generic  (Read 940 times)

Offline ct36

rpcnetp.exe IDP.generic
« on: June 28, 2020, 09:18:05 PM »
EDIT:i didn't realise there was another category for this post,sorry.

After windows update in May,avast detected rpcnet.exe as infected with idp.generic.I moved it to virus chest.Then,after the windows update in June the same thing.So what is this file?it was in my pc since i got the windows10.Why avast didnt detect It from the begining but only after update in May?
And a second issue,today i had a black screen with the cursor after the screen showed ''welcome''(or something like that :P).I shut down the pc and then open it again.Everything was ok until avast detected again the rpcnetp.exe with idp generic and moved it to virus chest.The date that the file was created was the time i opened my pc after i got the black screen.How was it created?(i had moved it to the virus chest the last time in june)?is it normal?(when this file was created again after the update in June i thought ii would be in the update but now i didnt download anything)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 09:50:17 PM by ct36 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: rpcnetp.exe IDP.generic
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 10:00:59 PM »
Yes, stick with the one in the viruses and worms sub-forum.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security