Author Topic: money debited from bank account but no subscription listed  (Read 1563 times)

Offline sunil_srinath

hi
i m writing from chennai, india. i had initiated a payment for 1 year subscription of avast antivirus, the amount of 708.00 has been debited from my bank account but under my account in avast it shows no subscription. Can someone please help or tell me what needs to be done next?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: money debited from bank account but no subscription listed
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 05:58:21 PM »
When was this payment made ?
When paying by Bank Payment, there is a delay whilst funds are transferred and cleared.

You should have also received an email with your purchase information 'Purchase ID' did you get that ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline sunil_srinath

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 06:19:36 PM »
the payment was made today Indian Standard Time 20:32. at the avast page i was making the payment from it threw a message saying payment failed and gave two options try again the same mode of payment or try different mode. but the money has been debited from my bank. i contacted my bank and they said that the transaction has gone through from their end.

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 06:56:23 PM »
@sunhil,
Did you purchase from a distributor, or direct from Avast?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 07:01:01 PM »
As I mentioned, there is normally delay with bank payments.

Given your comment about the transaction failure, I can only think that the connection failed to acknowledge that the bank had got the information.

Use the Support Ticket system:
Sales change order details wrong email address given, etc. - Submit a support ticket https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales in your case select the Billing, payment, or license issues option - and then the I have a different billing or license issue and click Next and follow.
That request is likely to require an Order ID, if you haven't got the Order ID, etc enter 00000000 and give as much information that you can to help identify it your Name, email address used in the transaction, etc.

Support tickets are handled on a First In First Out and can take up to 7 business days, depending on payment method.  Whatever you do don't submit multiple tickets as this throws you back in the line. 
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security