Author Topic: BSOD  (Read 8010 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: BSOD
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2020, 02:53:18 AM »
Well I originally had the avast premium and malware bytes premium. No blue screens for 3 years then last week I got 2 or 3.
I have updated to the beta avast that was linked to in the forum but im not sure what version as the UI does not load.
There have been no blue screens since changing to the beta but im uncomfortable having no Ui.
Regarding Avast & Malwarebytes, see: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/200324-exclusions-for-avast-users/

How can I do this when the UI failed to load? Uninstalled and reinstalled twice and used the avastclear.exe when removing

1.  I would first suggest disabling/uninstalling MBAM and or applying the Avast exclusions in MBAM and reboot, see if that allows the Avast UI to load.

2.  If it does then you could apply the exclusions in the Avast UI. 
Restart MBAM and apply the exclusions for Avast there and reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline seacapp

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2020, 08:06:53 AM »
I have used Avast for several years on all of my machines.  First time I have had it case BSOD See Mini Dump From Who Crashed.
I think this software is have some serious issues now.  I would hate to stop using it.  It has served me well over  the years. Any on have any solutions for the issue below would love to here it. 

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.
Crash dump directories:
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Sun 11/8/2020 4:11:47 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\110820-14218-01.dmp
uptime: 02:22:24
This was probably caused by the following module: aswarpot.sys (aswArPot+0x16325)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8054CB94425, 0xFFFF8989B87DF318, 0xFFFFF80554255920)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\aswarpot.sys
product: Avast Antivirus
company: AVAST Software
description: Avast Anti Rootkit
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: aswarpot.sys (Avast Anti Rootkit, AVAST Software).
Google query: aswarpot.sys AVAST Software KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Conclusion

One crash dump has been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

aswarpot.sys (Avast Anti Rootkit, AVAST Software)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2020, 12:56:05 PM »
Hi seacapp,

What version of Avast do you have installed?

Offline seacapp

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2020, 02:19:59 PM »
I have  Avast  Premier  version 20.8.2432 (Build 20.8.5684.604 )
UI Version 1.0.579  :)

Offline Hopper15

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2020, 06:15:18 PM »
Also see: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/malwarebytes-causing-performance-issues-in-windows-10-2004/

I had BSOD's about three months ago and found out through Malwarebytes support the WFP were conflicting between Avast and Malwarebytes.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360051090194-Issues-running-other-security-applications-and-Malwarebytes-for-Windows

Basically I had to choose between the two products on which web protection I would disable.
Win 8.1 64 bit 16GB Avast Free/Malwarebytes Pro/CCleaner

Offline henrialapeijari

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2020, 10:07:29 PM »
I had my pc running for about two weeks straight 'til today. I had upgraded my ATI GPU drivers and I think Avast was upgraded, too and it found some out-of-date drivers. Now my windows 10 64bit blue-screens within a few minutes after boot. Blue-screen message is "STOP CODE: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED"  and "What failed:aswNetHub.sys"

If I uninstall Avast (in Windows safe mode) the system boots and runs ok. Installing avast or avg and the BSOD happens within a few minutes of boot.

If I use avg antivirus the BSOD happens with the same first line but the second line is "What failed:avgNetHub.sys"

I also tried uninstalling the ATI drivers (in windows safe mode), but it didn't change anything. Any ideas on what I should do next?

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2020, 09:51:09 AM »
...If I uninstall Avast (in Windows safe mode) ...
Although you mention using safe mode, can you confirm you used avastclear.exe to do a full uninstall of Avast.

Note: Avast and AVG are same company these days.

Offline henrialapeijari

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2020, 01:43:18 PM »
Although you mention using safe mode, can you confirm you used avastclear.exe to do a full uninstall of Avast.

Thanks. Tried and didn't help, but remembered something else. I recently installed AS** webstorage, which somehow moved the location of my home/desktop folders. I backed them up to a USB drive and among other directories - deleted my desktop. Just restored desktop from backup and no more crashes (but needed to reinstall google-chrome). Lesson learned: be careful when you choose a web storage/backup provider. I filed for a refund.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2020, 02:22:04 PM »
I have  Avast  Premier  version 20.8.2432 (Build 20.8.5684.604 )
UI Version 1.0.579  :)

Hi,

Please uninstall using the Avast Clear uninstall utility and then reinstall as mentioned in this guide: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Uninstall-Antivirus-Utility/
The latest version 20.9