Author Topic: MacOS:Pirrit-BU (Adw)  (Read 3990 times)

Offline Paul1073

MacOS:Pirrit-BU (Adw)
« on: July 01, 2020, 09:39:02 PM »
Avast doesn't seem to be clearing this threat following a scan - any suggestions/actions I can or should take?

Offline ana_mc05

Re: MacOS:Pirrit-BU (Adw)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 11:10:48 PM »
A few of us are having that problem. Avast on Twitter has responded me and I showed the issue to them. They said their team is looking it up but haven't received any news since yesterday.

Will let you know if they respond.

Offline Paul1073

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 01:13:50 AM »
Many thanks for taking the time to respond - I will report as well.

Offline guillaumelou

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 04:22:27 PM »
I will try with Malwarebytes. If it doesn't work, manual removal of each components, use easyfind in order to find them.

Offline ItsTony

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 04:53:05 PM »
I would hold off on manually removing the file as it's important for the operating system. Many people are experiencing this problem and some believe it's a false positive: https://www.reddit.com/r/antivirus/comments/hipu7z/dyld_shared_cache_x86_64h_infected/

Don't risk messing up your machine by deleting the file. There's a good chance it's not actually infected (MalwareBytes shows no infection).

Edit: I received a response from Avast on Twitter. They're saying it could be a false detection: https://i.imgur.com/p6JC6FM.png
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 05:01:15 PM by ItsTony »

Offline ana_mc05

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 07:18:45 PM »
I will try with Malwarebytes. If it doesn't work, manual removal of each components, use easyfind in order to find them.

In other posts, it says Malwarebytes wasn't reporting the threat. The file cannot be removed (there is no option to remove it), as Tony said, it's a vital part of the software.

I ran a scan an hour ago and it was a false detection, as everything showed up normal without a threat. Recommend you do a scan as soon as you can to verify it's gone.

Offline Andrés195

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 03:57:57 PM »
I had to disable the Mac System Integrity Protection to allow Avast to solve the problem. The virus was in a protected file.