Author Topic: Avast Version 20.5 (July 2020)  (Read 25466 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: NEW Avast Version 20.5 (July 2020)
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2020, 06:07:25 AM »
Problem. This latest version, Avast Free Antivirus (20.5.2415 (build 20.5.5410.561)), now prevents me from saving my work in Corel PhotoPaint 2017. It tells me that corelPP.exe is trying to modify my protected folder (Huh? What? - no it isn't - its just saving to my Documents\graphics work folder like always, like I tell it to). When I manually override to allow the save to occur, actually the saved file never appears in my work folder. The latest version of Avast seems to have destroyed it. No issues with saving in IrfanView however, even though it's saving the same photo with the same edit to the same folder. And there were no such problems with the previous version of Avast, 24 hrs ago.
-> https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/298/ (Blocked & Allowed apps)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Keithuk

• http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2020, 06:22:13 PM »
Typical more Avast crap.

I have to enter the code every time I open Avast can't it remember any effing settings?

Easier USB drive protection - We’ll now ask you to scan USB drives when you plug them into your computer. (You can also turn this off in your notification settings)

More Avast crap. I can't connect to my other computer everything has need checked file and printer sharing are set.

I have to put files on a flash drive to copy them over 20 time a day.

I have loads of flash drives there is 1  2GB I use all the time.

Now Avast popup scan drive they is nothing that wants scanning.

(You can also turn this off in your notification settings)

As I've said before Avast Premium Security 20.5.2415 (build 20.5.5410.561) 

For an application for any settings its total crap, menu search for text notification shows nothing.

Every application I build I have an help file you can search for anything.

Avast need the same help file.

notification on the top shows sweet FA

You tell me where notification is that you talk about?

« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 06:24:01 PM by Keithuk »
Windows XP SP3 (Desktop)
Windows 7 32bit good (Laptop) fooked won't charge
DELL Inspiron Windows 10 x64 SHIT Laptop the worst fooking laptop design ever made
Avast FREE SHIT

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2020, 06:42:16 PM »
You can disable USB thumb drive notifications from

Settings => General => Notifications => Offer to scan external drives

IIRC we also have a link to this settings (or "Click-to-disable" link) on notification toaster
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Offline Keithuk

• http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2020, 10:20:44 PM »
You can disable USB thumb drive notifications from

Settings => General => Notifications => Offer to scan external drives

IIRC we also have a link to this settings (or "Click-to-disable" link) on notification toaster

I found that setting - Offer to scan external drives which isn't selected as I disabled it.

It searched for Notifications.

If I search for CyberScan which is the new DeepScan it shows nothing.

As I've said what is the point in have text search when you know the item is there but a search shows nothing. You shouldn't have to select a section to search and good help file will search all parts to find the text searched for.

For an application the help is total garbage for what I've paying for this crap. That is another annoying thing with this company and crap PAYPAL that won't sort the stupid price.

I've asked about subscriptions on here before with no useful reply.

I could make a new thread but it would probably be added to an existing subscriptions thread.

There is a lot of text to post.

As I've said I have to enter the code every time I open Avast up, can't is remember anything!!!!!
Windows XP SP3 (Desktop)
Windows 7 32bit good (Laptop) fooked won't charge
DELL Inspiron Windows 10 x64 SHIT Laptop the worst fooking laptop design ever made
Avast FREE SHIT

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2020, 08:41:34 AM »
If I search for CyberScan which is the new DeepScan it shows nothing.
Hi, could you post a screenshot, I've never heard of CyberScan or DeepScan in Avast. ???
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Nabz

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2020, 02:01:15 PM »
Hi,

I cannot seem to locate Mail Shield (Anti Spam) component in Avast. Has it been removed?

Thanks

Offline Stephen1066

• The History Room
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2020, 02:27:58 PM »

I cannot seem to locate Mail Shield (Anti Spam) component in Avast. Has it been removed?

Hello.

Yes, the anti-spam component has been removed.

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2020, 03:05:54 PM »

Hello.

Yes, the anti-spam component has been removed.
You must confuse something else, Anti-Spam component is still there.
You can access Avast UI -> Privacy -> Anti-Spam.
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Offline Stephen1066

• The History Room
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2020, 03:51:58 PM »
Hello.

I contacted Avast support and they confirmed that it has been removed.

You need to do a clean install of Avast Premium Security 20.5.2415 (build 20.5.5410.584) and you will see it is missing!

Also your image is the beta version.

I include the Avast Support reply below:

"We’re sorry this update left you frustrated. We strive to provide the best protection possible, and our research and comprehensive review of the feature showed that Anti-Spam wasn’t offering enough value to our customers. And given that email providers nowadays provide strong embedded anti-spam filters, we decided to focus our development efforts on adding value in other areas. Recently we introduced new features like Remote Access Shield, Password Protection, improved botnet protection, etc. We think these new features — along with ongoing improvements to our other many features — provide advanced protection for our customers."
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 04:05:29 PM by Stephen1066 »

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2020, 07:39:36 PM »
Hello.

You need to do a clean install of Avast Premium Security 20.5.2415 (build 20.5.5410.584) and you will see it is missing!

"We’re sorry this update left you frustrated. We strive to provide the best protection possible, and our research and comprehensive review of the feature showed that Anti-Spam wasn’t offering enough value to our customers. And given that email providers nowadays provide strong embedded anti-spam filters, we decided to focus our development efforts on adding value in other areas. Recently we introduced new features like Remote Access Shield, Password Protection, improved botnet protection, etc. We think these new features — along with ongoing improvements to our other many features — provide advanced protection for our customers."
Thanks for the info, then it's not a good thing as official website still offers Anti-spam as premium feature.

In most cases there is no major difference with beta and stable build in terms of features, btw. If there is any stated, I avoid posting them here. :)

Offline Nabz

« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2020, 08:00:49 AM »
Hello.

Thanks Stephen1066 for the detailed update.

I noticed however there is a component called Mail Shield when installing the latest version - not too sure if you noticed. Outgoing emails from outlook carry the Avast signature too. I guess Avast must have integrated Mail Shield and not included it as a component in Avast.

Offline w.hatscher-buelk

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2020, 03:30:33 PM »
Now I have canceled my further licence subscriptionn to your produckt, because you never fixed the error wirh the icarus permissionn requests.

Offline sj.vegetto

« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2020, 07:02:55 PM »
What is Avast Randomly Block Gmail account in Thunderbird from sending/receiving mail? I had to turn avast sheild again to get my gmail. there even another topic on first page for anothe remail client having the same issue.

Aim/Outlook and all my other emails send and receive fine, it only gmail since this 20.5 update that does it, and it fine for few days then  not sending and receiving, are definition update causing this? i can some time force update there and works agian