Author Topic: Does Avast free remove viruses and malware Automatically  (Read 1825 times)

Offline Sunny2020

Does Avast free remove viruses and malware Automatically
« on: July 05, 2020, 06:52:59 AM »
HI I was wondering if Avat free will remove viruses and malware Automatically?  I was also wondering if I could ask another question for the latested Avast free antivirus is it a good idea to install avast free on my windows 10 home that has Defender security on this operating system all ready.

Thanks for the help.

operating system version 2004
Windows 10 home

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
Re: Does Avast free remove viruses and malware Automatically
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 10:35:47 AM »
HI I was wondering if Avat free will remove viruses and malware Automatically? 
Yes. provides realtime protection.

I was also wondering if I could ask another question for the latested Avast free antivirus is it a good idea to install avast free on my windows 10 home that has Defender security on this operating system all ready.
You can install Avast Free on Win10 with Defender. Windows will recognise you have installed Avast and put Defender to rest.

Note: Make sure you do not have any other antivirus or antimalware software installed on your machine as this can cause problems.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Does Avast free remove viruses and malware Automatically
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 11:33:34 AM »
HI I was wondering if Avat free will remove viruses and malware Automatically? 

Yes. provides realtime protection.
<snip quotes>

Whilst it has on-access scanning (when a file is created, modified, moved, etc.) removal is different and is dependant on the Avast settings (if you change them, it can be set to Ask).  This allows the user to select their own actions, so it is quite flexible, my own preferences are to 'Ask' what action to take. 

The default or Recommended action should suite most people, see attached image example.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security