Author Topic: BUG Avast causes duplicity of mails in Sent folder (Thunderbird + Gmail)  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Marek229

Hello,

I noted that minimally from 04/2020 (I reinstalled PC + Avast, where adding of annoying message to mail signature is set by default).

When I send message via SMTP Gmail, then it saves that mail in SENT folder double times (seen in Thunderbird and in Gmail web too).
When I deactivate feature "Add a signature to the end of sent emails", then it works OK.

I would like to ask another users of Thunderbird + Gmail, if they note the same issue.

Offline sludge7051-x

• sludge7051-x
. . . When I send message via SMTP Gmail, then it saves that mail in SENT folder double times (seen in Thunderbird and in Gmail web too).

I use Thunderbird with IMAP and Gmail.  After the initial pull in of emails, it usually shows me duplicates of e-mails in the Inbox.  I click into another folder, then back, and then it is as expected

. . . When I deactivate feature "Add a signature to the end of sent emails", then it works OK.

I have mine set for no "Add a signature"

. . . I would like to ask another users of Thunderbird + Gmail, if they note the same issue.

I don't think it would be an issue with Avast, but something with Thunderbird, and views of your e-mail that do not get automatically Refreshed.