Author Topic: avast does not get rid of viruses on my computer  (Read 6867 times)

judya1001

avast does not get rid of viruses on my computer
« on: January 21, 2004, 09:03:13 PM »
:'( ??? :
Avast is supposed to get rid of computer viruses but has not got rid of them i am being shut down in about 20 seconds bunch of bull bye

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re:avast does not get rid of viruses on my computer
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 09:13:44 PM »
what viruses are being reported? have you used an online scanner too http://housecall.trendmicro.com
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 09:24:33 PM »
Repeated automatic shutdown? Sounds like the Blaster worm...

avast! can delete it, but since it doesn't spread via files or email (but rather by a buffer overflow in network protocol), an ordinary antivirus cannot avoid it (only a firewall could).
To prevent the repeated infection, you have to install the corresponding security patch.

Waldo

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2004, 09:07:39 PM »
Simply activate the XP's internal firewall, install  ZA Free if you have the time to download it :

www.zonelabs.com

install the windows updates patches , run Avast or run a free blaster removel tool found at :

http://www.bitdefender.com/bd/site/virusinfo.php?menu_id=1&v_id=148#

Waldo

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2004, 02:35:08 AM »
Hey guys, this is just like shoot somewhere in the dark... guy has already left, just like in good old cartoons... cloud of dust and nothing else...

I like those very much. They come, spit and tell us few stupid things, like "this antivirus is bunch of bull"... He has no clue what is his virus problem, probably he's never heard of Blaster Worm, 'cause if he has, he wouldn't act like some spoiled brat... oh, God. What was the intention of his post ? If he needed some help, why doesn't he ask for expert's opinions and try to be patiend and finaly solve his problem ?

This way, his PC is probably in much deeper sh..

Cheers !

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2004, 07:17:32 AM »
Norton sends those guys in our direction to make sure we don't get bored, Sasha!   ;D ;D
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2004, 05:47:24 PM »
Hahaha... that's exactly what I thought it is...

NORTON: "let's send some external enemies and make them be internal... into the core of the avast!"

Avast!: "That's good... it means that they are affraid of us, and we are on their way, so it's the proof that we are darn good..."

I see it that way...

Cheers !

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2004, 06:26:19 PM »
hehe, this is soooooo funny  ;D ;D ;D ;D
MW