Author Topic: Will On-Premise Cosole 6.x auto-update to 7.x?  (Read 3401 times)

Offline KDibble

Will On-Premise Cosole 6.x auto-update to 7.x?
« on: July 07, 2020, 04:43:41 PM »
When the 7.x version of the on-premise console was announced on June 11 it was stated that existing installations will start detecting and automatically updating "in a few weeks". It's been about a month since that announcement and I'm still on 6.0.14 here in the USA. I looked into the manual upgrade but there was a lot of scary information about having to manually inspect .yml files and so forth that I don't want to get into. I don't need to "move" the installation to a "new server". I just need the software updated where it is. Is that going to happen automatically eventually or do I actually have to manually update the server from 6.0.14 to some 7.x version first?

I also watched the video of the "new devices page". The "old" devices page on my console doesn't look like the one in the video. Is that because the video was made in On-Premise version 7.x or is it because these new changes are only coming to the cloud version and not to my apparently very neglected On-Premise version?

Thanks for any information.

Offline KDibble

Re: Will On-Premise Cosole 6.x auto-update to 7.x?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 10:13:38 PM »
So it's been a week and there's no response to this? Isn't there anybody at Avast monitoring this forum who can provide some sort of answer to this question?

Offline mschedler1

Re: Will On-Premise Cosole 6.x auto-update to 7.x?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 05:06:22 PM »
Same here... I gave up waiting and installed manually. Disappointing experiences on just about every level.