Author Topic: Browser Doesn't always Play well with Windows 10  (Read 1675 times)

Offline Joe202

Browser Doesn't always Play well with Windows 10
« on: July 10, 2020, 03:20:15 PM »
Leaving the browser causes Windows 10 Task Bar to vibrate eratically, and web pages do not always load correctly or not at all; If it then go (from Bank Mode) to another browser to pay bills, etc. I don't have the issue; Today, in Bank Mode, a web page I needed to use and have done every month in the past would not load but would load in another browser; only have basic security set on the PC and have not reset the security settings since I used the same web sites last month, etc.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Browser Doesn't always Play well with Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 09:31:37 AM »
Hi,
Please try to reset ASB.
Copy and paste
secure://settings/reset
into your address bar and click on the "Restore settings to their original defaults".

Offline ondrejz

• Browser QA Team
  • Avast team
    • Avast Secure Browser
Re: Browser Doesn't always Play well with Windows 10
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 03:48:30 PM »
Hello,

I see several problem mixed together. Let me split it to smaller pieces:

1) Leaving the browser causes Windows 10 Task Bar to vibrate erratically
    - In what mode? Is it in Bank Mode or in normal mode? How it looks? Can you make a screenshot of it (in bank mode using mobile phone)

2) Web pages do not always load correctly or not at all
    - In what mode it is? Can you load other pages in the same browser? Can you load the problematic page in different browser at the same time?
    - For debugging, please go to secure://extensions/ and try to disable: Adblock, Anti-Tracking, Video Downloader, Bank Mode and Anti-Fingerprinting extensions. If it solves the problem, please enable the extensions one by one to see what extension caused it

3) If it then go (from Bank Mode) to another browser to pay bills, etc. I don't have the issue
    - So you switched from Bank Mode (secure desktop with Avast branding colors) to normal mode to different browser? Did you try Secure Browser outside Bank mode?

4) Today, in Bank Mode, a web page I needed to use and have done every month in the past would not load but would load in another browser
    - I need the know the URL's of web pages to reproduce it on our side and find the problem. You can send me private message if you want to keep it private, thanks

PS: Regarding to "Resetting the settings" mentioned by r@vast, if you have done this, please make sure you enable all browser extensions because this will disable them all.