Author Topic: Weird Win64:Malware-gen keeps poppin up need help ASAP!  (Read 2294 times)

Offline jinchuuriken

Weird Win64:Malware-gen keeps poppin up need help ASAP!
« on: July 10, 2020, 08:37:51 PM »
Hello guys,

Since the 8th of july i've been getting the same virus threats (Win64:Malware-gen)  https://imgur.com/jJhTuot
i've made no recent changes or downloads, and as you can see in the screenshot it pops up every 5 minutes or so. (makes me think it's just a false positive because it's located in
Origin, maybe it's trying to update or whatever, but that's weird because i've been using it for a few years or so) 

I've done 3 deep scans with Avast & Malwarebytes but nothing shows up, i also tried looking at the file location, also no luck :(.

I'm out of options, maybe i'll have better luck getting some answers here..

Thank you in advance,

Jin

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Weird Win64:Malware-gen keeps poppin up need help ASAP!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 09:17:28 PM »
Look at your second screenshot and see process ... it is a conflict/false positive with Malwarebytes

Offline jinchuuriken

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 01:08:26 AM »
But i've been using them both for a while now, without any complications between the two programs how come it pops up now ?
and i also got a different process yesterday not the one from malwarebytes, i'll try to make another screen next time it pops up.

Also just curious as to why the file path says it's located in origin map if it's a conflict with malwarebytes ?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 01:17:48 AM by jinchuuriken »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 02:26:01 AM »
But i've been using them both for a while now, without any complications between the two programs how come it pops up now ?
and i also got a different process yesterday not the one from malwarebytes, i'll try to make another screen next time it pops up.

The fact you haven't had a problem doesn't mean that you won't, especially as programs change and develop.

There have been many conflicts between Avast and MBAM, even MBAMs forum mentions it and recommends mutually excluding each others processes.

Personally I abandoned a lifetime license for MBAM when it updated to MBAM 3 as I felt it became bloated from that point and really doesn't bring much to the party when you have Avast.

Also just curious as to why the file path says it's located in origin map if it's a conflict with malwarebytes ?

The process that is accessing that file (triggering the alert is MBAMService.exe.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline jinchuuriken

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 08:51:04 PM »
Sorry for the late reply,

Seems like i've been getting worried for nothing then :), thank you !

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2020, 10:32:08 PM »
You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security