Author Topic: Avast Premium changing subscription currency  (Read 1207 times)

Offline ellohir2000

Avast Premium changing subscription currency
« on: July 14, 2020, 01:30:08 AM »
Last year I moved back to France after 4 years in the UK. My last subscription (in 2019) was therefore in GBP, but now that I live in France I would like my subscription to be charges in euros.

I have contacted the support twice who just give me the standard completely unhelpful answer and give me UK/US or AUS tollfree numbers despite me telling them that I live in France and that those tollfree numbers will not work.

My subscription is handled by Digital River and from what I could gather from the scarce information available, they only manage UK based accounts and I would need to switch to Nexway for France.

As it is it seems my only solution is to let the subscription lapse and see if I can swap it with a fresh subscription but since my account is pretty old now I'm not even sure it will let me do that.

I would greatly appreciate any help on the matter.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast Premium changing subscription currency
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 02:40:33 AM »
I don't know whom you have contacted, you could try this link and follow the potions closest to your issue.

Sales change order details wrong email address given, etc. - Submit a support ticket https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales in your case select the Billing, payment, or license issues option.
1.  Select the 'I need help with a different subscription or billing issue' option and click Next.
2.  Now select email as the telephone option is USA.
3.  Enter your details and give as much information as possible - even a link back to this topic.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security