Author Topic: Passwords disappeared from Privacy  (Read 15833 times)

Offline chris.godbee9

Passwords disappeared from Privacy
« on: July 14, 2020, 03:01:08 AM »
Hey team,
I've just installed avast free on my new laptop, and noticed the passwords icon is now missing from the privacy tab.
When I first installed it, it was there and I clicked get started. When I went back to try sync my passwords with my phone, the icon is now gone.
I have passwords on my other computer and phone and they're both the free versions.
Can you please help?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Passwords disappeared from Privacy
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 09:46:18 AM »
Hi,

Please PM me the email address you used for Avast Passwords and I will look into it.

Offline chris.godbee9

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 10:52:29 AM »
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I have sent your a PM.

Thanks,

Offline hovegem

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 04:25:54 PM »
i have the same problem. even though i checked "Passwords (old)" it didn't work, i will send a PM to r@avast

Offline hovegem

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 04:36:23 PM »
Hi,

Please PM me the email address you used for Avast Passwords and I will look into it.

i sent you a PM, but i am not sure if i send it or no, when i click on "Avast WEBforum » Personal Messages » Sent Items"
it shows nothing, tell me if you got it.

Thanks.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 05:13:53 PM »
@ hovegem
If you  used the PM icon to the left of r@vast's post then I believe you should have seen a brief confirmation it was sent.

That said, when you send a PM, there is a check box at the bottom of that screen to save a copy to your sent items.  If you didn't check that box then there would be no saved copy.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 02:35:25 PM »
Hi,

i sent you a PM, but i am not sure if i send it or no, when i click on "Avast WEBforum » Personal Messages » Sent Items"
it shows nothing, tell me if you got it.

Thanks.

Hi,

I received your PMs. Will reply shortly.

Offline reedrainey

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 05:33:56 PM »
Hello, Mister Moderator,

Could someone please help me to get Passwords back in the Privacy sub-folder of Premium Security.  I have used the Safe mode to use AvastClear to remove Premium Security, re-booted, and re-installed Premium Security, then entered my activation code to complete the fix, but it hasn't worked.  Passwords is still missing. 

My e-mail is reed**** @ comcast.net

Thank you for what you do for customers.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 06:02:25 PM by r@vast »

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2020, 06:03:40 PM »
Hello, Mister Moderator,

Could someone please help me to get Passwords back in the Privacy sub-folder of Premium Security.  I have used the Safe mode to use AvastClear to remove Premium Security, re-booted, and re-installed Premium Security, then entered my activation code to complete the fix, but it hasn't worked.  Passwords is still missing. 

My e-mail is reed**** @ comcast.net

Thank you for what you do for customers.

Hi,

It might require a Restart or two.
If after having restarted Avast Premium Security you still do not see Avast Passwords then please make sure that
the component is actually added.

To do so please follow these steps:
1. Open Avast Premium Security
2. Click on Menu >Settings > General > Troubleshooting > ADD/MODIFY COMPONENTS
3. Make sure that Passwords (old) is selected
4. Click on CHANGE
5. Restart Windows

Offline shumba.j1

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2021, 03:28:44 PM »
Apologies to open an old thread but I've got the same issue here. 

I've reinstalled Premium Security on a new device but under Privacy, I only have Password Protection and no Password option.  I've done a clean install, I did notice under troubleshooting that 'Password' wasn't ticked but it is now and I've restarted a couple of times however it's still not showing.

Can someone please advise.

Offline shumba.j1

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2021, 03:33:26 PM »
Ignore this I've just fixed it.  I noticed that when you go to Password Protection and settings. there is a line item there for Password Manager which you have to enable which then takes you through some stages to enable the Avast Password extension.  Why isn't this part of the setup?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2021, 01:21:43 PM »
Ignore this I've just fixed it.  I noticed that when you go to Password Protection and settings. there is a line item there for Password Manager which you have to enable which then takes you through some stages to enable the Avast Password extension.  Why isn't this part of the setup?

Hi,

I am not sure what you are referring to. Could you please add some screenshots?

Offline Krunoslav2

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2021, 11:07:39 PM »
please help!!

my computer was hacked, I put the code on avast and now I can't change it anymore and it rejects me non stop. I have an activation code, I received it in the mail, but there is nothing I can do, except that my avast is for decoration until it expires  >:( :-X :'(

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2021, 05:41:23 PM »
please help!!

my computer was hacked, I put the code on avast and now I can't change it anymore and it rejects me non stop. I have an activation code, I received it in the mail, but there is nothing I can do, except that my avast is for decoration until it expires  >:( :-X :'(

Hi,

Could you please clarify the issue and perhaps attach screenshots so that we may have a better overview of the issue.
Please see this article on how to generate a screenshot. https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Create-screenshot

If you are referring to a password you have setup on the AntiVirus application itself, please see this guide: https://support.avast.com/en-gb/article/Remove-Antivirus-password/

Offline Adam648

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2021, 11:13:00 PM »
Witam :) po rewitalizacji systemu w komputerze i ponownej instalacji AVAST FREE ANTIVIRUS nie mam dostępu do AVAST PASSWORDS-mam zabezpieczone hasła na różnych portalach, również bankowych, hasłem głównym i chciałbym je odzyskać :) proszę o pomoc :)