Author Topic: I have a DUPLICATE subscription and will be charged twice every month! Help pls!  (Read 2657 times)

Offline SamSriLanka

Please see screenshot of my account, I somehow have TWO subscriptions to Avast Cleanup on my account, and it says that I will be charged twice every month (on different dates)!

The weird thing is that the subscription numbers are exactly the same, so why would they charge me two times every month for the same subscription?

Reason that I am on this forum is that the payments have not started yet, still on trial period, so Avast (stupidly) has NO WAY to contact them without an order number (which I won't get until the payments start), even for such a serious issue!!!

Thank You For The Help!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 10:25:56 AM by r@vast »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline SamSriLanka

Thank you, but your link did not help at all!

I have two subscriptions for the exact same thing, and I can not reach Avast help unless I have an order number, which I will not get until I am double-billed for only one subscription!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
....and I can not reach Avast help unless I have an order number...
Just enter/use 00000000 and explain it in your request.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline SamSriLanka

Now THAT's very helpful, thank you very much indeed!!!

Cheers.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
You're welcome.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Please see screenshot of my account, I somehow have TWO subscriptions to Avast Cleanup on my account, and it says that I will be charged twice every month (on different dates)!

The weird thing is that the subscription numbers are exactly the same, so why would they charge me two times every month for the same subscription?

Reason that I am on this forum is that the payments have not started yet, still on trial period, so Avast (stupidly) has NO WAY to contact them without an order number (which I won't get until the payments start), even for such a serious issue!!!

Thank You For The Help!

Hi,
The reason you have two subscriptions is that you signed up twice. In June and in July.
It is possible for any user to have more than one device and might want to use it on more than one device.
The subscription numbers are not necessarily related to an individual application.
For billing related issues, you can reach us by phone, please see https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales_other
If you only plan on using it on one device, then please let me know which on you wish to cancel.

Offline SamSriLanka

R@Vast, thank you very much for this!

Yes, I would like to use it only on my PC, and the subscription I would like for you to cancel is the one that expires on August 18th, 2020 (Avast Cleanup), the other subscription for Cleanup that expires in September, I will continue with.

(The one that needs to be cancelled is the last one in my JPG attachment).

I really appreciate your help, and it is a great product, better than CCleaner, because it allows me to shut down unwanted running apps, which feature CCleaner does not have!

Thanks Again!

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
R@Vast, thank you very much for this!

Yes, I would like to use it only on my PC, and the subscription I would like for you to cancel is the one that expires on August 18th, 2020 (Avast Cleanup), the other subscription for Cleanup that expires in September, I will continue with.

(The one that needs to be cancelled is the last one in my JPG attachment).

I really appreciate your help, and it is a great product, better than CCleaner, because it allows me to shut down unwanted running apps, which feature CCleaner does not have!

Thanks Again!

Hi,
Thank you for the update.
I have cancelled the auto renewal.
Please note that the email address you used for the subscription is: exoticxxxxx (@) gmail.com

Offline SamSriLanka

Sincere thanks for your very kind, and professional, and efficient and timely help!!!

I'm very impressed with you, and with Avast Cleanup!