Author Topic: Total performance deterioration when connected via LTE as opposed to fibre  (Read 3363 times)

Offline bigtom

I was complaining to my LTE internet provider that the download speed is next to zero, even google.com loads about 5 minutes, the speedtest.net webpage loads 10s of minutes and then measures the speed starting at zero, then increasing to the paid maximum 20 Mb/s. But...the IE runs completely normally.

What is the problem with ASB 83? Why is it deteriorating the performace so much? And why is does something slow even during opening and loading a blank page?

What a shame that in the IE, the web pages all load instantly and speedtest.net measures the speed ok right from the beginning.

The issue is fully replicable as many times as I want.

Offline bigtom

Offline bigtom

No reply for so long? Avast does not care how useless the ASB has become?

Offline bigtom

Avast does not seem to care at all. What kind of company is it? I am glad Windows comes with Edge, this one is becoming far superior to ASB.

Offline bigtom

Yet another topic that has been ignored by Avast.
And it got worse with the latest version of ASB released a few days ago.

Now the ASB does not load webpages in less than a minute, no matter if I am connected via LTE mobile network or with fibre optics.

Dear Avast, I suggest you would completely flip your approach to the new versions. Instead of introducing new bug with new versions, try to fix some bugs for a change.
Can we agree on this?

Offline Libor Šlechta

• Browser QA Team
  • Avast team
Hello bigtom,

First of all, let me apologize for a late response. I understand your frustration. I will notify our team and we will look why we did not notice your topic for such a long time.

Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce your issue. Both page load time and startup of download test on speedtest.net looks normal on my devices.

Could you please share with us some more info to help us investigate your problem?

• Diagnostic Information. You can find it if you enter secure://settings/help into the address bar and then click the "Diagnostic Information" button on the page.
  • You originally mentioned 83 version. Was the problem present also in earlier versions or it started after update to version 83?
  • Did you try to reinstall the browser? Is the problem present even after the reinstall?
  • Are you able to try the browser on different device? Does it behave the same way there?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 08:46:03 AM by Libor Šlechta »

Offline bigtom

Diagnostické informace
executable_path=C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Browser\Application\AvastBrowser.exe
profile_path=C:\Users\tomas\AppData\Local\AVAST Software\Browser\User Data\Default
os_version=Windows 10 v2009 (x64)
av_version=21.3.2459
urlscanner_version=1.7.0.287
host_prefix=
browser_version=89.1.8954.115 (Official Build (64-bit))
cgid=317
cid=3107
uid=5bd7c0a1700d4351920fb93dc8f5c894

Channel: stable
OS language: cs-cz
Browser language: cs
Search Engine URL: https://search.seznam.cz/?sourceid=quicksearch_34548&q={searchTerms}
Omaha version: 1.8.1065.0

Enabled extensions:
ahfgeienlihckogmohjhadlkjgocpleb : Obchod Avast Secure Browser : 0.2
dmfdacibleoapmpfdgonigdfinmekhgp : Avast SecureLine VPN : 1.5.1.839
ekmkelgimdicdgkflkakgmjcghgpdnji : Messaging : 1.5.0.245
kdhipfbocahipinepiahppeionfbahlg : Avast Stahovač videí : 2.5.143
khoabckdcnciingnnklkfgdhnniefnod : Avast HTTPS Encryption : 21.1.17.24
kmediagceboldddnnajkcochbkfkedel : Avast Anti-Tracking : 1.23.0.675
kmendfapggjehodndflmmgagdbamhnfd : CryptoTokenExtension : 0.9.74
lhnnoklckomcfdlknmjaenoodlpfdclc : Avast Bank Mode : 1.3.0.37
mecokbmnofclapimmlnfegiohceoaocc : Avast Performance Manager : 1.2.220
mhjfbmdgcfjbbpaeojofohoefgiehjai : Chrome PDF Viewer : 1
nkeimhogjdpnpccoofpliimaahmaaome : Google Hangouts : 1.3.16
nmebbcjdbhgggcgohlnlgadkmjiedfbc : Avast Hack Check : 1.2.341
ooeobdingfeedklanlfcjhffgennflke : Avast Adblock : 2.5.108
pkedcjkdefgpdelpbcmbmeomcjbeemfm : Chrome Media Router : 8921.104.0.3

Disabled extensions:
beghmmhchncjignfbfnemngnlnjdmbcb : Avast Anti-Fingerprinting : 2.5.181

2. I am not sure if it started earlier than in version 83, but it lasts until now in version 89 - this one is particularly bad, the slow loading is normal, scripts on all pages often hang, it is becoming the slower browse of all I have (IE, Edge, Firefox, Opera).
3. the browser was reinstalled a few times, I even have a new computer
4. both previous and current computer behave the same, both are using the latest patches of W10

Offline bigtom

Why is nobody from Avast working on this serious issue? Or do they think that waiting even minutes for a single webpage loading is not serious?
My situation is not changed, MS Edge loads pages instantly, ASB takes a few seconds when connected to fibre, up to a few minutes when connected via LTE.

Offline Libor Šlechta

• Browser QA Team
  • Avast team
Hello,

We are aware that some of our users are experiencing performance issues and we are still trying to identify and resolve the problem.

So far we rolled back one of our backend systems, because it was occasionally having spikes in response times.
Currently we are reviewing all our features if they can be causing those performance issues.

I was trying to reproduce the problem you are describing on our testing HW with your configuration and unfortunately I was not able to replicate the problem yet.

Offline bigtom

hi,
ok, at least something. It is actually hard to believe that only some of the users have this problem. I had the same with previous laptop and W7, i.e. it is a pattern. With the USB external huawei modem, the problem is so obvious that it is trivial to reproduce.
Eventually, if you hire contractors, I can come to Pankrác and cooperate with you for a few hours.
T.