Author Topic: Delay start of Firewall feature (Only)  (Read 4711 times)

Offline Dubiet

Delay start of Firewall feature (Only)
« on: July 18, 2020, 03:09:38 AM »
Sir,
         I have been getting this problem for a while. So whenever my pc boots up, The Avast Firewall feature takes like 3-4 minutes to start untill then Avast program keep showing that "Firewall is turned off" and also my internet does not work for 3-4 minutes but it comes back on as soon as the Firewall feature goes up. I want the firewall feature to start at the moment the avast software starts as it is not good for my security plus a restricting wall to my internet. I request you to pelase help me regarding this problem.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Delay start of Firewall feature (Only)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 02:28:01 PM »
- Which Avast..? (Free/Pro/IS/Premium)
- Which version/build of Avast..?
- OS..? (32/64 Bit..? - which SP/Build..?)
- Other security related software installed..?
- Which AV(s) did you use before Avast..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Dubiet

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 08:19:00 PM »
Sir, here are the details-

- Which Avast..? (Free/Pro/IS/Premium)  A- Internet Security one sir, that's now Avast Premium Security.
- Which version/build of Avast..?             A- Latest one v20.5.2415 - build 20.5.5410.561 and virus definations all updated to the latest version.
- OS..? (32/64 Bit..? - which SP/Build..?)     A- Win 10 64bit 1909 (no pending windows update and deferred 2004 update).
- Other security related software installed..?   A- Malwarebytes , Zemana Antimalware and Adguard .
- Which AV(s) did you use before Avast..?     A- None only Avast.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 08:31:53 PM by Dubiet »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 06:06:02 AM »
First, be sure to get rid of Zemana Antimalware..!!

Then:
1. Download Avast Premium Security: https://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avast_premium_security_setup_offline.exe
2. Follow instructions: https://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility (Run this tool for all prior installed Avast versions..!!)
3. Reinstall Avast with the downloaded installer from point 1.
4. Reboot.

PS: Regarding Avast & Malwarebytes, see: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/200324-exclusions-for-avast-users/
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Dubiet

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 08:19:23 AM »
Sir,
as per your instructions I tried deleting the Avast software using "Uninstall Utiliy" as provided by you in safe mode. Now the problem that I am facing is, after installing the Avast Premier, the UI does not start, I tried to follow any tutorial related to it and even from your site but I am not able to get it to work. Whenever I click the avast icon (under tray icons), I get the error "UI failed to load" and also am attaching the screenshot of the problem (from services) showing that none of the avast services I am unable to start both manually and automatically. I request you to please help me with the problem as I am unable to open the UI of avast software. (I tried disabling any other security software , etc but nothing worked).
Screenshot - https://imgur.com/oiEeXcp

This exact problem occurs on my other PC whenever I tried to reintsall avast, and the UI and services wont start on it either (win 10).

Your help would be highly appreciated sir.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 08:33:25 AM by Dubiet »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 08:36:20 AM »
Zemana Antimalware will likely have to be removed prior to installing Avast, Malwarebytes needs disabling or possible removed as well.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 08:47:26 AM »
Don't need Zemana Antimalware because Avast Premium already have very similar features and this can cause issue clashing side by side, so get rid of Zemana Antimalware is not required.

Always installed Malwarebytes last after you have fully installed Avast properly first, then installed Malwarebytes not the other way around.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 08:50:55 AM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline Dubiet

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 08:53:28 AM »
Zemana Antimalware will likely have to be removed prior to installing Avast, Malwarebytes needs disabling or possible removed as well.
Thankyou so much for the quick reply. You guys are the best. The problem got solved as I uninstalled both Zemana and Malwarebytes (before I only disabled them but did not uninstall them) and the antivirus showed its UI in no time. Proud to be a customer of you guys. Thankyou so much sir.
I do not know who the culprit is, Zemana or Malwarebytes but could you please help me with the best setting of Malwarebytes so that it could go hand to hand with Avast itself?

Thankyou again.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2020, 08:55:52 AM »
Thankyou so much for the quick reply. You guys are the best. The problem got solved as I uninstalled both Zemana and Malwarebytes (before I only disabled them but did not uninstall them) and the antivirus showed its UI in no time. Proud to be a customer of you guys. Thankyou so much sir.
I do not know who the culprit is, Zemana or Malwarebytes but could you please help me with the best setting of Malwarebytes so that it could go hand to hand with Avast itself?

Thankyou again.

Zemana is the main culprit you not need it.
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline Dubiet

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2020, 08:57:18 AM »

Thankyou again.

Zemana is the main culprit you not need it.

Don't need Zemana Antimalware because Avast Premium already have very similar features and this can cause issue clashing side by side, so get rid of Zemana Antimalware is not required.

Always installed Malwarebytes last after you have fully installed Avast properly first, then installed Malwarebytes not the other way around.
Thankyou so much for the tip. but an year ago I bought Zemana 3 year subscription, so I am left with no choice but to use it.
I'll surely discard it asap when the subscription gets over.

Thankyou so much again sir.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2020, 09:02:40 AM »

Thankyou so much for the tip. but an year ago I bought Zemana 3 year subscription, so I am left with no choice but to use it.

Get rid of Zemana permanently you don't need it, similar security features are already included in the Avast Premium.

Offline Dubiet

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2020, 09:06:34 AM »

Get rid of Zemana permanently you don't need it, similar security features are already included in the Avast Premium.

]Sure sir. I am on it.
one more thing I need your advice on, Do I need to configure any settings of Malwarebytes as well so that it would work "well" in unison with Avast.

Thankyou.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2020, 09:10:05 AM »

]Sure sir. I am on it.
one more thing I need your advice on, Do I need to configure any settings of Malwarebytes as well so that it would work "well" in unison with Avast.

Thankyou.

Standard default settings are all you need in your Malwarebytes also follow the advice by Asyn as shown above.

Edit: And including the PS. post by Asyn above.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 09:12:22 AM by SpeedyPC »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2020, 09:21:03 AM »
Malwarebytes running in real time with Avast is unnecessary due to the overlap of scanning technique's, there is an exclusions list that can be found on the Malwarebytes forum to allow running together though I highly recommend to leave Malwarebytes as on access only (not real time) for periodic scanning.

If both are running together you'll bring your system to a crawl with the Malwarebytes resource usage being so high.

Zemana is completely unnecessary imo.

Offline Dubiet

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2020, 09:22:08 AM »

]Sure sir. I am on it.

Thankyou.

Standard default settings are all you need in your Malwarebytes also follow the advice by Asyn as shown above.

Edit: And including the PS. post by Asyn above.

Thankyou sir for the quick reply and for the advice.