Author Topic: Safe Web - Quick access to add new URLs  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Christophe66

Safe Web - Quick access to add new URLs
« on: October 06, 2021, 10:36:21 PM »
Hi all

I wish to ban trafic to f.i. *.badsite.com. My first idea was to use the Windows hosts file for this but, damned, wildcards are not supported.

Then, I've thought to use my Avast Premium Security antivirus and then I've discovered after searching a lot the Safe web feature and the small window allowing to add a new site ... one by one.

That's quite difficult to find and remember for the next time. And not fast at all.

My question: is there a faster way to add an entry to the list of blocked URLs?

* Can I have a shortcut on my desktop to open directly to "Web site blocked" window?
* Best: can I have access to f.i. the file where theses URLs are stored (if stored in a file)
* Best: is there an addon for Chrome allowing us to quickly add an URL to the list of Avast Safe Web blocked URLs
* ... (everything that is fast and easy)

Also, can Avast when he blocks an URL (like in "The website xxxx has tried to download xxx") to also suggest "Do you want to put that site in the list of blocked URLs" ?

Everything that make easy to stay away of these sites we don't want.

Thanks!

Christophe

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Safe Web - Quick access to add new URLs
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 10:46:55 AM »
My question: is there a faster way to add an entry to the list of blocked URLs?
Afaik, no.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Christophe66

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 08:53:25 PM »
Damned!  The feature of SafeWeb is nice but really too difficult to use. We really need to want to block the URL to click here and there then there then ...  That too far to be really useful.

(many thanks for your reply!)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 08:40:41 AM »
You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0