Author Topic: Mail bounces back  (Read 11004 times)

Culpeper

Re:Mail bounces back
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2004, 03:23:10 PM »
You did good.  The Alwil staff will respond to this thread.  You guys may have identified a bug.

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2004, 04:55:32 PM »
A bug was found in the avast mail scanner. It affects only those mail programs that use a line 'X-Sender:' in headers of outgoing mail (e.g. Eudora). To workaround it, you can disable checking of outgoing mail and keep only checking of incoming mail. Use the Mail Protection Wizard and select 'Set up the protection manually' to do it.

Or you can donload the fixed file here: http://www2.asw.cz/~peterka/335/ashMaiSv.exe, but the file will be overwritten to the original version during each (automatic) attempt to update the virus base (with a request to restart).

Sorry and thanks for your reports.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2004, 05:01:11 PM »

original version during each (automatic) attempt to update the virus base (with a request to restart).

when will the next avast update be?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 05:02:11 PM by MacLover2000 »
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

BigAl

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2004, 07:35:16 PM »
Am I correct in assuming that the Email Wizard is not available in the home edition? I reinstalled and then used the control panel and custom settings. I unchecked the scan outgoing mail, but it did not work, my test was bounced back. Isn't the life of a programmer a joy?  ;)

Culpeper

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2004, 09:14:38 PM »
The email wizard file is located in your Start|Programs|Avast selection

BigAl

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2004, 09:33:01 PM »
Thanks  :D. Actually, I see it comes up as part of the installation process. I just didn't notice it. I took checking the outgoing mail out and now my mail goes right through. I'll watch for the next program update. Thanks to you all for your help.