Author Topic: Subscription (activation) showing as Expired, although renewed 3 days ago  (Read 3712 times)

Offline Pavel29

In My Subscriptions (Activation) it is showing as Expired, although I already renewed 3 days ago.

I renewed my licence/activation (for Avast Premium Security Multi-Device), per the email offer from Avast, 3 days ago already and it's still is showing as expired. I use this account (email) as primary to manage purchase made via another email (as secondary).

Already contacted support, which sent a generic email reply advising me to use my activation code on my devices (really "helpful"). Essentially, support did not address my issue, simply told me to insert my activation code, the very same one that is showing as expired in My Subscriptions, but showing as valid in my original order? Seriously? I check my order again for the hundredth time, license/activation code is valid till July 2022. Yet my devices (PC(s)/NoteBook/Android Phone) show the same license/activation code as expired AND the activation code fails on my Android mobile device for the Avast Mobile App.

You have my money already and it's been way longer than 24 hours for this so called synchronization, when I added my other email address tied to my purchase.

Seriously, why do I have to go through various issues every couple of years when I need to extend/renew my licence/activation code. I am getting sick and tired of dealing with this nonsense. I really have more important things to deal with than this BS  >:(
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 07:36:33 AM by Pavel29 »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Pavel29

As if I didn't go through this and any related FAQs before posting here  ::) I really do not know why I was expecting to get any useful info or help on the forum. I guess my only solution would be a refund. I really do not have the patience to deal with this crap any longer, so it's time to explore my options and perhaps switch over Kaspersky or ESET instead.

Do not bother replying,  I'm done. You can close or delete this thread.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Pavel29

Issue resolved by Customer Support, by giving me 2 week extension on my previously expired License/Activation Code. The Period & Subscription in my Avast Account is now reflecting the correct status. I also received a confirmation email the day before (4 days after the payment to renew), that my License/subscription has been upgraded to Avast Premium Security (my previous subscription was for Avast Premier 2 year license for 3 devices).

Nothing in FAQs/Knowledge base helped prior to this. Could have been a payment processing issue or some other delay due to a snag in the system, who knows. Overall this has been a frustrating experience and I have honestly never had any issues extending a subscription for anything in the last couple of years, even when I had to physically go to a branch office.

Issue has been resolved (for now), thanks to customer support.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
Thanks for the feedback.