Author Topic: Vote on your favorite new features  (Read 98655 times)

Offline Zdeněk85

Re: Vote on your favorite new features
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2020, 10:06:05 AM »
 Avast never more!!!!
Still spaming with payed updates, when you cancel acount, trobles wit returning of money.

Offline McMcBrad

Offline sj.vegetto

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2020, 06:43:29 PM »
seeing as you removed the "old" setting and if functionalitly to  block/App files/folders  specificly from a one or all the SHEILD

Atlest make the FREAKING Block/Allow APP work for ALL the shields and not JUST the ransom shield

Also MAKE it SO Exceptions to SCANS can be PICKED for SHEILDS or ALL SCANS and not blanked expections the make ALL scans ignore file/folder/etc another thing the "old" setting menu could DO and did just fine to the DAY it was removed

Bring said functions back, the lose of functions are why I been toying with going with another AV program I already removed AVast from everything but my personal pc cause the other system become to slow with avast
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 06:55:16 PM by sj.vegetto »

Offline Nunzio77

• Poster
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2021, 11:27:14 AM »
Hello Avast team,
you are thinking about adding new features because you MUST release new version each month, but most of those features are more or less bloatware. This product became very fat over time. What about remove unnecessary bloat from this product and make it lightweight with minimum impact on computer performance? Try think about that.
Correct.

Removing ads, spyware and bloatware and focus on pure performance and detection, then you maybe bring back Avast users you already lost.  But this is your product, do what you want.
Also agreed but paying customers deserve to have their voices heard and improvements made, or Avast will likely lose more customers. This isn't an issue just with Avast but with many bloated AVs. Avast is not nearly the worst in this regard, but it could be much much leaner.

Gaming Edition
Echoing the sentiment that the poll doesn't let you actually voice your opinion, only to say if the new features Avast is considering are important to you, or VERY important to you. I think a gaming edition is a bad idea. Why would you want a themed antivirus? If you only played a specific game on your PC, and did nothing else, that might make sense but it's still unnecessary and implies Avast doesn't need improvement, when it still does. Furthermore graphical flourishes and themes slow down the software, and the OS. These effects are often bottlenecked by the speed of a single thread, so even as PCs get more CPUs, such themes perform significantly worse than using the native Windows user interface APIs to draw normal, less fancy Windows. Themed antivirus is a very dated concept and in my opinion a bad idea overall. Further, having a second "edition" will just create confusion, waste resources that could be spent on improving the main application.

Internet speed test
We don't need this. A few of the features are just things that web browsers or web sites already provide. Making the AV even bigger with unwanted features doesn't benefit anyone- please invest the resources and time instead in slimming and improving the program so people want to use it.

Thanks for asking for your users' feedback!

I agree
Thank you and good day!
Nunzio
----------------------------
Avast Free - Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, Intel Core2 Duo CPU T7500, RAM 4 Gb, SDD 512 Gb, ATI Mobile Radeon HD 2400 - Avast Mobile Security Free - Smartphone Android

Offline strakl

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2021, 02:10:41 PM »
Is this thing ever going to have support for the brave browser for password protection?

Offline Nabz

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2021, 07:27:17 AM »
I appreciate all the feature enhancements Avast has been making however I would sincerely request if Anti Spam can be re-introduced as the number of spam/phishing emails that reach my desktop email is quite high. I really hope this feature is added in the near future.

Offline Nunzio77

• Poster
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2021, 10:57:05 AM »
An automatic sandbox also for the free version.  ;)
Thank you and good day!
Nunzio
Avast Free - Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, Intel Core2 Duo CPU T7500, RAM 4 Gb, SDD 512 Gb, ATI Mobile Radeon HD 2400 - Avast Mobile Security Free - Smartphone Android

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2021, 12:17:17 PM »
That is included in Avast Free since many many years. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Nunzio77

• Poster
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2021, 12:39:06 PM »

Thanks, I didn't know!  :)
How does it work? Is it a cloud sandbox?
Thank you and good day!
Nunzio

Offline peter.k.lauritzen

How to automatically rescan when scheduled scan was missed?
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2021, 07:37:24 PM »
Hi
Here is another request, which I have also mentioned to avast under submit idea:

How to automatically rescan when scheduled scan was missed?
Under settings in avast antivirus free under the custom scan, it says that PC must be on at scheduled time for the scan to run.
But if PC is not up when scan is scheduled, how to automatically rescan when PC is up again to recover missed scan?

Background:
I have a number of customers, which I have set up for weekly full scan at a certain time. However since they are using their PC/MACs on adhoc basis, they often miss the scheduled scan. I.e. they use their PC only if they need to check something, so they can not tell when PC is powered on.
Also other vendors are having this feature.
Br Peter

Offline Gianni47

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2021, 08:16:39 AM »
Is it possible that Avast team in its next updates could add a notification to the icon when the antivirus is updating?
and other question Is it possible that Avast team in its next updates could add a notification to the icon when the antivirus is updating?
thanks

Offline R R Mahmud

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2021, 10:57:38 AM »
Avast UI degine should ve Improved as like AVAST VPN,ANTITRACK PREMIUM.this 2 software degine is really fantastic. on the other hand avast FIREWALL feaure should be improve

Offline Nunzio77

• Poster
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2021, 08:19:19 AM »

Thanks, I didn't know!  :)
How does it work? Is it a cloud sandbox?

I tried to disable file protection but I don't see cybercapture working when running files. Most are recognized as malicious by behavioral analysis some remain running.
But at this point I wonder but is there a sandbox in the free version? If you are Cybercapture? But should it always work for potentially malicious files not recognized by the "file protection" shield?
Thank you and good day!
Nunzio

Offline Hùng2

« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2021, 10:39:46 AM »
Could you re-added the registration feature on Avast Free Antivirus, please? Because I think it is safe to have a license key even though it is just a free version.

Offline Hùng2

« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2021, 02:08:32 PM »
Could you bring back Avast Sandbox feature to Avast Free Antivirus, please? Back to 2012, this feature did help users in my company to avoid being attacked by unrecognized exe files. After that, it has been removed and causing a lot of troubles for my company.