Author Topic: Question about length of subscription  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Jamie2020

Question about length of subscription
« on: July 23, 2020, 09:44:44 PM »
Hey everyone, new user here.

So I recently upgraded to Avast Premium security after trying out the free version for a few months. I began my subscription on July 19 (that's when I paid), but what I'm wondering about is when I look at my subscription it said that I have until July 4 2021. Basically I'm missing about two weeks worth of my subscription.
Why doesn't it say that I have until July 19 2021 since I also paid in July 19 this year? I can maybe understand if the subscription exp on July 18, being off only by a day. But two weeks worth?

I sent an email to customer support on July 19, that very same day I began my subscription and noticed this bit of oddity, but fast forward a few days later, I still haven't received any reply. So I'm hoping maybe the community might help me figure out if I'm missing something, just in case customer service don't get back to me.

Thanks in advance

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Question about length of subscription
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 10:38:47 AM »
Hey everyone, new user here.

So I recently upgraded to Avast Premium security after trying out the free version for a few months. I began my subscription on July 19 (that's when I paid), but what I'm wondering about is when I look at my subscription it said that I have until July 4 2021. Basically I'm missing about two weeks worth of my subscription.
Why doesn't it say that I have until July 19 2021 since I also paid in July 19 this year? I can maybe understand if the subscription exp on July 18, being off only by a day. But two weeks worth?

I sent an email to customer support on July 19, that very same day I began my subscription and noticed this bit of oddity, but fast forward a few days later, I still haven't received any reply. So I'm hoping maybe the community might help me figure out if I'm missing something, just in case customer service don't get back to me.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

It seems that you did not create a ticket with us.
Please post the ticket id here if you did.

Furthermore, according to our system, your license expires Jul/19/2021
Please post screenshot of the July 4 2021 date if you wish to look further into this.

Please see this article on how to generate a screenshot. https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Create-screenshot

Offline Jamie2020

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 02:22:25 PM »
Hi,

It seems that you did not create a ticket with us.
Please post the ticket id here if you did.

Furthermore, according to our system, your license expires Jul/19/2021
Please post screenshot of the July 4 2021 date if you wish to look further into this.

Please see this article on how to generate a screenshot. https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Create-screenshot

I don't know what you mean by ticket ID. I contacted Avast through this page:
https://support.avast.com/en-id/contact/paid_pc_avast-premium-security

On July 19, I filled in the forms, gave my order ID, and submitted the request, along with a screenshot of my issue as well. I didn't receive any sort of receipt or "ticket" after I sent my submission. If there was supposed to be one, I don't know what went wrong.

Nevertheless, here's another screenshot of my subscription screen, as you can see it indicates July 4, 2021 with 345 days left.

But you said that my subscription does expire July 19, which is what it should be, so I'm just wondering about the discrepancy between what you said and what is shown on the subscription screen.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 05:34:15 PM by Jamie2020 »

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 04:57:21 PM »
Hi,

As the screenshot indicates, this is not the expiration date but the planned charged date of the automatic renewal.