Author Topic: undetected virus in avast  (Read 2444 times)

avast_user_01

undetected virus in avast
« on: September 20, 2006, 11:11:46 AM »
I am running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 2.  Recently I am continually experiencing a trojan/virus which appears to be undetected by my up to date version of Avast antivirus software.

The virus changes my dial up number to an 0870------- number and various other dial up pre configured settings and  also alters my login username.  This can be corrected by deleting my dial up connection and re-entering the details.  the user is completely unaware of this unless he  views his network connection manually.
Q1. Why is this virus undetected.
Q2. What can be done to correct this.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: undetected virus in avast
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 01:35:26 PM »
Which is the name and the path of the infected file(s)?
I mean, if it is undetected, are you sure that another security software detects it?
For instance, a-squared, ewido or Spyware Terminator (trojan removers).

Can't you run on-line scanning?
Trendmicro
Virustotal
ewido
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: undetected virus in avast
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 03:38:04 PM »
If you haven't already got this software (freeware), download, install, update and run it.
1. Ad-Aware
2. Spybot Search and Destroy
3. Spywareblaster (Blaster provides proactive protection against diallers). Don't install this until you are clean otherwise the dialler that is on your system would effectively avoid this protection.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security