Author Topic: Avast Premium security keeps asking to choose a plan if i already chosen a plan  (Read 1399 times)

Offline LexSton

I've bought a 1-year plan for APS (Avast Premium Security) and told me it has found 4 priavcy rest and when I resolved them it asks me for to choose a plan but I already haven chosen a plan and it's activated and I'm not sure why it is causing it to pop up even tho I wasted 30 dollars on a 1-year plan that is supposed to protect my computer, not ask to buy it again.

pls help

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Whilst it rather depends on what those privacy issues are ?

This could be more related to Avast in program ADs (Something not included in the Premium version) - These are a fact of life in the free version, but can be removed in paid versions of Avast - AvastUI > Menu > Settings > General - Personal Privacy and you can uncheck them, 'Show offers for other Avast Products' and 'Show offers for 3rd party products'.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline LexSton

i've did that but whenever i do a smart scan it keeps asking me to buy avast that i already got it and tells me theirs 4 privacy issues found

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Not knowing exactly what these privacy issues are ?
As an Avast Free user I can't suggest anything else, as even with the free version if I do run a Smart Scan I don't get any privacy issues reported.

Personally I rarely use on-demand scans and that includes the NOT so Smart Scan (which I have just run) and no mention of Privacy Issues, but lots of other tosh to make me purchase Avast Premium.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security