Author Topic: How to remove Trojans?  (Read 42907 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How to remove Trojans?
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2006, 03:39:57 PM »
You have made a good choice, one of the things often not considered is SUPPORT and that is something you can/have get/got here quickly and in abundance.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Sarethor

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2006, 12:35:43 PM »
Hi peeps,

OK, so i downloaded Avast and i wanted to register myself but again the same prob with firefox (stuck, black) ??? but Avast is now scanning, so im gonna wait till the scan is over and then im gonna post the HJT log again. :)

I really hope one day it will be fixed. :-\

Sarethor

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2006, 09:29:57 PM »
Yay no infection found ;D
ok here is the HJT log,  :)

Sarethor

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2006, 03:36:30 PM »
ok.... i guess there is no prob anymore
Thx all , i thought it would never be fixed, i was wrong afterall  ;D
                              :) ;Dthx ;D ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2006, 04:41:58 PM »
I wish you would just paste the contents of log files into the topic, that way people don't have to download them and the contents are available for all to see without downloading an unknown file, after all this is a security forum.

On-line analysis is still reporting no firewall, do you have a firewall. If not you will be fighting an uphill battle to get completely clean.

There are a number of possibly nasty entries that need investigation, google search on the file name, upload to analysis site for a scan, etc. see http://hijackthis.de/logfiles/d819615b4b93608cd74f6967a2ba284e.html for the on-line analysis.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2006, 04:47:15 PM »
Sarethor's log has already been checked out:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=23667.msg202295#msg202295
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2006, 05:02:44 PM »
He has posted another log since the 5th November, like the one at reply #32 8th November.

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2006, 05:18:56 PM »
Not really needed, since the last one was fine apart from the Java update.

The latest log shows Sarethor has updated Java. All the 'possible nasty' entries I checked out before.

Sarethor

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2006, 05:28:11 PM »
um..ok i am not a 'he' but im a girl, my name is Sara
ok im really angry now >:( cuz my pc went Black and stuck right now !!!! and then i rebooted and it got stuck again  ???
sheesh i was wrong , nobody on the net can help me even the experts cant... :(
so plzzz try more help   :'(
remember , i posted this topic in Semptember...

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2006, 06:01:23 PM »
Hi Sara,

All we can say from your HijackThis! log is that you don't seem to have any malware running on your computer. That doesn't mean there won't be any problem- you still might have hardware or software problems- hard disk problems, corrupted files or registry entries etc.

If you can tell us some more about the problem, we might be able to help. Did you get an error message?

If you have removed malware, you may have some registry problems left over: try running TuneUp Utilities registry scanner- it has a free trial- and see how many problems in the registry that finds and fixes.

http://www.tune-up.com/

Also try checking the hard disk:

http://pcdon.com/page82.html
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/chkdsk.mspx?mfr=true

If you can boot into safe mode with command prompt, I think you can run a disk check from there by typing:

Chkdsk /f  EDIT: Sorry, ScanDisk in ME.

http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 06:13:42 PM by FreewheelinFrank »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2006, 06:31:42 PM »
um..ok i am not a 'he' but im a girl, my name is Sara
ok im really angry now >:( cuz my pc went Black and stuck right now !!!! and then i rebooted and it got stuck again  ???
sheesh i was wrong , nobody on the net can help me even the experts cant... :(
so plzzz try more help   :'(
remember , i posted this topic in Semptember...                                                                                       
I apologise for getting your gender wrong Sara, you can change that in your Profile.

A crash to a black screen is also an indication of potential hardware problems. CPU overheating, PSU (power supply), RAM or Video, HDD as Frank mentioned, etc. and is notoriously difficult to diagnose. Software crashes are usually the Blue Screen variety.

Sarethor

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2006, 10:15:46 PM »
Hi FreewheelinFrank
ok i dont have any error messages when it gets black and thx for the Link you gave me for Tune Up cuz it found 1233 registry errors , and i cant defrag it stays 0% sometimes gets 1% but then goes back to 0% and even when i let the pc on for 12 hours , its still on 0%
 :(

galooma

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2006, 11:26:46 PM »
Im guessing your video card is on the way out ,hopefully thats all it is and if so can be replaced relatively easily .proving it will be the tough bit.
If you cant defrag then thats a major problem, but maybe Rejzors might work for you. you can read up on it here,
http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/windows/Power-Defragmenter-Review-25891.shtml.
As long as you keep coming back someone will help you out as best we can .
good luck  :)

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2006, 11:44:19 PM »
Windows ME is notorious for not defragging, as I found out last year when I cleaned up an ME machine and tried to defrag it: the defrag never completes, as you describe.

In the end I downloaded the trial version of diskkeeper. It did the job straight away. I've since found out there's a free version which doesn't expire. Try this:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=1207

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2006, 12:06:01 AM »
Hi FreewheelinFrank
ok i dont have any error messages when it gets black and thx for the Link you gave me for Tune Up cuz it found 1233 registry errors , and i cant defrag it stays 0% sometimes gets 1% but then goes back to 0% and even when i let the pc on for 12 hours , its still on 0%
 :(

Try running the defrag from safe mode (keep tapping the F8 key during boot) that should stop the obvious interruptions as non-essential programs aren't loaded (including avast). Or download the other defrag tool Frank mentions.