Author Topic: Avast Scan History Icon  (Read 14544 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast Scan History Icon
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2021, 01:24:44 AM »
Ghost with red exclamation point after running full and boot time scans. When I called Avast they said I have other anti virus programs that aren't compatible with Avast. They wanted $110 to resolve the issue. I said no, I was transferred and offered $49 to fix the issue. I said no again. Don't I pay enough to Avast to get an answer? I don't have any other anti virus programs listed in Programs.

I suspect that you called the avast 3rd party telephone support and they have a very limited free support they are contracted to provide.  Outside of that they are trying to get you to sign up to a support contract of single charge.  I would recommend you have nothing to do with them, the support forums or the support ticket system is better.

As you can see from this topic the Ghost with exclamation point is nothing to worry about.

As from the quote from an avast team member in my post above yours.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security