Author Topic: WiFi inspector activities and notifications  (Read 1455 times)

Offline ddabrahim

WiFi inspector activities and notifications
« on: August 02, 2020, 08:54:08 PM »
Hi.

If this is not the right place to post requests and suggestions please let me know.

When a new device connect to my network I do get a notification appear in the top right corner but it is disappear after few seconds and it is also not shown in the activities and notifications if a new device connected. If the device disconnect by the time I check the inspector, I have no idea a new unknown device were ever connected to my network.

So, it would be nice if notifications were remain on the screen until I delete them and if there was a log I can check what devices were connected and disconnected.

Even if the device remain connected I may not notice because on Mac the inspector display generic names only like Apple, LG, Unknown..etc so it is maybe not obvious at first glance the devices I see in the inspector is not belongs to me because I do have many different devices.
I have already mentioned in this topic but I would like to mention it again, it would be nice to be able to rename the devices I know:
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=236730.0

Thanks.