Author Topic: Web Shield Preventing WordPress login in Safari  (Read 1465 times)

Offline paul1093

Web Shield Preventing WordPress login in Safari
« on: August 03, 2020, 10:04:33 PM »
This is a problem in very specific circumstances, and it is only fixed by adding an exception to the Web Shield. But why?

When I try to login to certain sites built with WordPress, using the current Safari browser on the current macOS Catalina, I get a message from Safari saying it can't open the page. The very same login works in Chrome on the very same system on the very same site. The only way to get around the problem when using Safari is to add the site as an exception to the Web Shield.

This behaviour does not happen on all sites built with WordPress (these are sites I have built which I'm trying to log in to). Only some. But I also use a local server called 'Local by Flywheel'. The problem occurs on all my local sites. I can't log in to them on Safari without a Web Shield exception. But I can log in to them on Chrome with no problem and no exception.

Can you help? Is there some setting in Safari on the Mac triggering the Web Shield to block the traffic? What is it?

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
Re: Web Shield Preventing WordPress login in Safari
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 03:14:05 PM »
Hello,
please if this is possible to reproduce without any credentials, send me an email to ondrej.kolacek at avast.com with instructions how to reproduce this. I will check it out. Please note that I am now on vacation so I won't get to it until next week.
Kind regards,
Ondrej Kolacek