Author Topic: Avast White Screen Error - AvastUI.exe Bad Image  (Read 1316 times)

Offline klichmer.vstrozeeni

Avast White Screen Error - AvastUI.exe Bad Image
« on: August 04, 2020, 04:49:42 AM »
To make this brief, I am using Windows 7, and here's what happens.
1. When I try to launch the Avast UI, nothing happens.
2. When I hit "registration information" or "update", a white screen pops up which is where the UI is meant to be.

3. When I try to launch the Avast executable either through the taskbar, or the start menu, or the install location, the following error message pops up:

I had this problem before too, but after hours of searching and trying different solutions, none of which worked, I decided to re-install the entire thing. That seemingly fixed it, but that was only about two weeks ago. And today, I have the same problem again, and I have no strength left in me to keep re-installing and restarting the machine. There has to be a relatively permanent solution. For the record, here is what all I have tried already:

1. "Repairing" through the control panel
2. Tried killing the process to restart Avast - didn't let me kill the process
3. Tried logging out and logging back in - didn't work
4. Reinstalled the entire thing - worked temporarily

Now I look through the internet, and turns out that a lot of people believe that the entire "Bad Image" error is a result of malware and trojans. I have been using Avast to scan the entire computer, and if any digital threats can dismantle the antivirus like this, why am I even using Avast? How does one even go about protecting their system? I need some serious solutions, stat! This computer holds my entire life's work, and I can't have that jeopardized by errors, viruses, worms, malware, spyware, trojans and other computer problems.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Avast White Screen Error - AvastUI.exe Bad Image
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 08:29:32 AM »
What is the exact version of Windows you are running? Please run the "winver" command and post the result.

Offline klichmer.vstrozeeni

Re: Avast White Screen Error - AvastUI.exe Bad Image
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 04:34:23 AM »
What is the exact version of Windows you are running? Please run the "winver" command and post the result.

It's Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) - Service Pack 1
I know no such command, I simply looked it up through system properties

Also, I tried to repair again, and for some reason it worked this time. But I'll give it a few days before I encounter this problem again.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 04:36:04 AM by klichmer.vstrozeeni »