Author Topic: (Mac) Deep Scan running for 3 days, but has said 98% done for over 48 hours  (Read 1879 times)

Offline quicksite

Is there a full readout/log of the complete scan activity since start?  If so, where in the interface do I access that? I understand that a deep scan on a Mac with several drive volumes can take a long time, including multiple days... But I don't understand how the completion status can be at 98% for 2 of the 3 days.

The scan activity under the PERCENT INDICATOR remains active with files apparently still being scanned, but I am losing confidence that it is in fact a valid scan. Thus am seeking some kind of log that shows the entire 72 hour run thus far— so I can skim to see if the process is somehow corrupted.

Have others experienced this kind of "stuck at 98" status-- while the scan appears to be continuing to run?  Is this a legit readout, or does Avast artificially distort the actual percentage in some kind of consumer psychology ploy to give the idea "it's almost done"?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 12:59:22 PM by quicksite »

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Judging by the screenshot it may be trying to scan a very large external drive. Was this drive connected for the entire time? If the volume became unreachable that could explain the hang
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay