Author Topic: Avast Pro on Mac blocking music services  (Read 2283 times)

Offline krohnfeldt

Avast Pro on Mac blocking music services
« on: August 06, 2020, 12:15:38 AM »
I am running the latest Premium Security version on an iMac desktop.  All MacOS and other SW is fully up to date.

Recently, I am seeing a few services blocked by the AV tool.  I can easily verify this by turning off Web Shields, in which case these services work.  And these issues also do not show up on other PCs/devices that I use.  Two services in question are 1) LiveXLive (Slacker Radio) playing through the Sonos system, and 2) dbPoweramp CD ripping software, which accesses Accuraterip and a few other services.

I am sure these services must be accessed via APIs, in which case there should be one or more URL exceptions I can add in the AV tool to allow them.  I tried the obvious livexlive.com and accuraterip.com, to no avail.  Is there a way that I can discover the URLs that I should add as exceptions - some kind of log that I can browse to view what is being blocked?

Thank you.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: Avast Pro on Mac blocking music services
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 11:53:18 AM »
Usually there is a notification pop-up of what was blocked that should contain the blocked file or URL. Open Avast and click notifications at the top and you should see the current/recent notifications
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline krohnfeldt

Re: Avast Pro on Mac blocking music services
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 07:22:19 PM »
I just wanted to follow up and say that these sites are no longer having issues while Avast is running.  I did not make any changes, so perhaps a new update resolved the issue.  Thanks!