Author Topic: refund about subscription of clean up premium  (Read 1758 times)

Offline koroschetz

refund about subscription of clean up premium
« on: August 07, 2020, 09:09:19 AM »
I have put a request to refund my subscription fee for avast cleanup premium from august 5. 2020 to august 5. 2021.  I have put this request yesterday on your official web site.
https://support.avast.com/en-eu/contact/sales_refund/?c=true
On the end of a web formular I was notified, that the refund request was successfully sent.  I didn't get any answer from avast about refundation of my money yet.  For this year subscription they charged me 59 euros, which is 3 times more than last year, for the same product. This is really extremly overcharged, comparing with other similar products from other companies.   I also stopped the auto renewal feature about every year subscription money. 
I am asking responsible people in avast (or you, forum members, if you have such experience), will I get on email any confirmation about my refund, and when will you refund me ?   You have promiss in your web site about refundation in 30 days, so why don't you keep your promisse ?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: refund about subscription of clean up premium
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 09:16:36 AM »
Be patient, a refund can take up to 7 business days. Note, don't submit multiple tickets (FIFO).
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 11:17:43 AM »
I have put a request to refund my subscription fee for avast cleanup premium from august 5. 2020 to august 5. 2021.  I have put this request yesterday on your official web site.
https://support.avast.com/en-eu/contact/sales_refund/?c=true
On the end of a web formular I was notified, that the refund request was successfully sent.  I didn't get any answer from avast about refundation of my money yet.  For this year subscription they charged me 59 euros, which is 3 times more than last year, for the same product. This is really extremly overcharged, comparing with other similar products from other companies.   I also stopped the auto renewal feature about every year subscription money. 
I am asking responsible people in avast (or you, forum members, if you have such experience), will I get on email any confirmation about my refund, and when will you refund me ?   You have promiss in your web site about refundation in 30 days, so why don't you keep your promisse ?

Hi,

According to the tickets you have raised and the order id you provided, you requested a refund for Avast Cleanup, purchased Aug/05/2019   and Expired Aug/05/2020.
There was no auto-renewal for this. There were notifications emails sent about auto-renewal but no renewal took place since you cancelled it.

Offline koroschetz

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 11:35:25 PM »
You are right, I stopped automatic renewal for cleanup premium, but before that, on 12. of july 2020, you charged me automatically 69,99 euros for avast premium security software, for one year subscription. 
This price is much higher, than it was before one year, when I first subscribed. If you in meantime raised the price so much, you should notifie the customer first, before you make automatic renewal of subscription. You can make automatic renewal only in case, if the price stay the same. This is good praxis. But if you in meantime raise the price, and then make automatic renewal subscription considering new price, it is not fair praxis.  I also didn't know, when I first ordered, that subscription will be automatically renewed in one year.
So I already put a request for refund of 69,99 euros, and hope you will refund it, as you promise in your web site. 

Offline koroschetz

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 11:44:08 PM »
And comparing with other similar Anti virus programs, your prices are much higher than  from other  companies.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 01:47:39 PM »
You are right, I stopped automatic renewal for cleanup premium, but before that, on 12. of july 2020, you charged me automatically 69,99 euros for avast premium security software, for one year subscription. 
This price is much higher, than it was before one year, when I first subscribed. If you in meantime raised the price so much, you should notifie the customer first, before you make automatic renewal of subscription. You can make automatic renewal only in case, if the price stay the same. This is good praxis. But if you in meantime raise the price, and then make automatic renewal subscription considering new price, it is not fair praxis.  I also didn't know, when I first ordered, that subscription will be automatically renewed in one year.
So I already put a request for refund of 69,99 euros, and hope you will refund it, as you promise in your web site.

Hi,

It is unfortunate that you were not aware of the auto-renewal, nevertheless, we do mention during the purchase process that the subscription is billed until you cancel it.
We always sent a confirmation email as well.

Furthermore, as mentioned in our FAQ "When you purchase an Avast subscription, we may offer you an initial discounted price. This offer applies only to the first subscription cycle, after which you are charged full price. The full subscription price is provided during purchase, and you are informed in advance by email before payment is taken. If you are unhappy with the renewal price, cancel your subscription before the end of the current subscription cycle and you will not be charged."