Author Topic: Ask to Restore Settings before Restart / Status messages  (Read 856 times)

Offline sludge7051-x

• sludge7051-x
Ask to Restore Settings before Restart / Status messages
« on: August 09, 2020, 12:15:32 AM »
I did a De-Install / Re-install . . . after Restart, it wanted to quarantine my Startup.bat . . . It gives you the option to add it as an Exception, though, which was nice.

An improvement would be if it could ask you if you'd like to restore your backup settings (with all your Exclusions), just after the re-install, and be fore the Restart

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I think another improvement would be the status messages.

Like, it says:  No malware found - Good for you

and I'm thinking, what are other messages in here? . . . "Whoa, we saved your ass from that one"

Could the default just be for factual information?  And another setting if you want casual remarks?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Ask to Restore Settings before Restart / Status messages
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 01:15:00 AM »
1.  There is nothing to stop you saving your settings before any uninstall.
If a possible cause of needing to do a reinstall could be some sort of conflict down to settings, you wouldn't want that.  Starting from a default state I feel would be preferable or you could be back where you started.

2.  For me the AV should just do its job protect you not offer flippant remarks.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security