Author Topic: How do I whitelist an app  (Read 1992 times)

Offline tyler01

• tyler4402
How do I whitelist an app
« on: October 29, 2020, 04:36:06 PM »
Hi all, My Avast V is 20.8.2432
Win7 Pro, desktop PC
I use Dashlane password manager and they think my Avast is stopping Dashlane from loading correctly and have asked me to whitelist the Dashlane app by adding C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\Dashlane\dashlaneplugin.exe
C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\Dashlane\dashlane.exe
to the Avast, unfortunately, all the info I have found on how to do this does not work with my version of Avast
Can anyone guide me through the steps, regards Robert

Robert

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How do I whitelist an app
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 06:00:55 PM »
OP tyler01, posted in the incorrect topic, that of the reference link given above by Pondus.

Here is a copy of the content:
Quote from: tyler01
Hi, sorry for the slow reply as I was waiting for an email alert which never came, thanks for the reply, unfortunately, I didn't understand much of the appended instructions as the Avast has not found a threat.

I just need guidance on how and where to paste the link I was sent by (Dashlane) the password manager which I have safely used for 5 years in order to tell Avast that the password manager is a safe app, regards Robert

@  tyler01
Please stick to this topic the other post will be removed.

What version of Avast program and version number are you using (current version is Avast 20.8.5684.602) ?

If avast didn't alert, why is it that you need to white list it, more details please ?

Whitelisting is probably the wrong term/function as it relates to software developers.
Files can be added to the Avast Exceptions, but that too is unlikely to work as you aren't getting an alert.  So I hope you can see why we need more information.

Note for tyler01, click the Notify button at the bottom (or top) of topics you contribute to and you will get an email.  That said I thought that was/is the default setting when creating/contributing to a topic.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline tyler01

• tyler4402
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 09:34:06 AM »
Sorry I didn't know that this topic should not be in the General section, I am a bit confused at what I have got wrong, as you requested the version I am using is "Avast V 20.8.2432" which I had pasted onto the top line of my enquiry, while the alert I was expecting was an email telling me my question had been answered, sorry for any confusion which I have given, now I will look for the "notify" Button.

As I stated previously I am having trouble with my "Dashlane password manager" and the tech dep't at Dashlane want me to (whitelist Dashlane within Avast) their term, not mine, by adding Dashlane to Avast, their object I presume is to tell Avast that Dashlane is a safe app to use by adding
(C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\Dashlane\dashlaneplugin.exe
C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Roaming\Dashlane\dashlane.exe)

in order to eliminate the possibility of Avast from stopping the Dashlane App from working correctly, unfortunately, I do not know how to add the strings and this is the help I need, many thanks regards Robert 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 09:48:06 AM by tyler01 »
Robert

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 10:55:40 AM »
Hi Robert, see: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/298/ (Blocked & Allowed apps)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline tyler01

• tyler4402
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 08:16:48 PM »
Hi Asyn, many thanks for your info, it does help and I will try to follow it through, regards Robert
Robert

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2020, 07:01:20 AM »
You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0