Author Topic: Update crashed pc on reboot  (Read 7369 times)

Offline frank.kinghorn

Update crashed pc on reboot
« on: August 12, 2020, 09:38:39 PM »
" days ago (10th August) I received a notification that my free version of avast had been updated and I should download the update then restart my pc. I did so but my pc would not restart and after attempting various solutions to get it to restart I had to take eit to a local pc repair shop. They advised the error message indicated the registry had been damaged and they needed to reinstal Windows 10. I am now having to reinstal many programs and settings. Why has this happened?

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Update crashed pc on reboot
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 11:15:43 AM »
" days ago (10th August) I received a notification that my free version of avast had been updated and I should download the update then restart my pc. I did so but my pc would not restart and after attempting various solutions to get it to restart I had to take eit to a local pc repair shop. They advised the error message indicated the registry had been damaged and they needed to reinstal Windows 10. I am now having to reinstal many programs and settings. Why has this happened?

Hi,
We are sorry to hear that you had this issue.
I take it this is related to Avast Free Antivirus, and not the Avast Driver Updater application.
As mentioned in this article:
https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Troubleshoot-blue-screen-crash/
 "In some cases, Avast Antivirus products may conflict with third-party software installed on your PC, causing Windows to crash, freeze, or show a blue screen error (BSOD). This issue may be due to programs you run manually or services that automatically run in the background when you start Windows."