Consumer Products > Avast Passwords

Passwords lockout - reset master password

(1/2) > >>

George210:
Hi
the passwords feature on my Avast is locked and requests the master password (the main Master Password UI button doesn't work, but it can be reached via another route). However the password I thought it was isn't working, and I deleted all my EasyPass files years ago.

I can't find a way to reset my master password, and if I reinstall everything will I still have access to passwords as a feature, since the new change has taken it away for new customers.

bob3160:

--- Quote from: George210 on August 15, 2020, 12:57:31 PM ---Hi
the passwords feature on my Avast is locked and requests the master password (the main Master Password UI button doesn't work, but it can be reached via another route). However the password I thought it was isn't working, and I deleted all my EasyPass files years ago.

I can't find a way to reset my master password, and if I reinstall everything will I still have access to passwords as a feature, since the new change has taken it away for new customers.

--- End quote ---
Since it's only available for old customers, you would need your password in order to continue to use it.
Without the password, there is not way to get to your passwords.

George210:

--- Quote from: bob3160 on August 15, 2020, 06:46:35 PM ---

--- End quote ---
Since it's only available for old customers, you would need your password in order to continue to use it.
[/quote]

I understand that, my question is can I reset my master password?

bob3160:

--- Quote from: George210 on August 16, 2020, 02:59:07 PM ---Since it's only available for old customers, you would need your password in order to continue to use it.

--- End quote ---

I understand that, my question is can I reset my master password?
Not without knowing the current password.

George210:
Thank you.

this leads on to my second question...

With the recent changes, if I reinstall Passwords, will I still be recognised as an "old user", or will I be unable to reinstall?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version